Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
Old Diskwars played over 6 rounds in the official tournament scenario. 5 rounds makes sense. The current disks are a bit faster, the battlefield slightly smaller, abilities such as scouting allow you to engage enemy more quickly and you have the added step of revealing command cards which adds time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kartzinel
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This preview really makes me even more excited than I was,I really like the extra depth all of this adds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Gerke
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
The deployment zone Feint reads "This zone can be moved before units are deployed in it." Don't you just put the zones where you want when you start? What am I missing that makes this ability make sense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You place each deployment zone when you draft it. So, once it is down, you can't change your mind depend on what your opponent chose or did. Or what is available for your second deployment card, for example. Feint allows you to change your mind and/or trick your opponent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Johnstone
Canada
Villa Straylight, Freeside
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's a regiment?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each army has one or more regiments. The number of regiments each army has defines how big the battle is. Each regiment has a hero and a few troops that are recruited by that hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Johnstone
Canada
Villa Straylight, Freeside
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx Ronaldo, I'm really looking forward to the hero-centric army building aspect of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Foster
United States
Jacksonville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
From the preview: "Defensive: A disk overlapping this terrain gains the swift () keyword."

Anyone know what the "swift" keyword does? I noticed that it's the keyword that High Elf Swordmasters naturally have. I'm hoping it's something awesome because I'm a High Elf kinda guy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the herocentric army building as well. As someone said, you use the points the hero provides to build that regiment. This keeps one of my favorite aspects from the original game that was that each faction provided an intrinsic flavor. Since half of your points had to be spent in disks from your faction, you could not mix and match at will and armies did not become homogeneous. This was further earimulated by the champion disks.

The herocentric army building also ensure that the heroes will remain prominent figures throughout. You can't just put a bunch of powerful commons together, you will always need one or more heroes to lead them.

@murnaz, I don't think there were any disks with Swift at the demo since there were only Empire and Orc disks. But, rest assured that the HE are formidable.

How fast is the boat?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDonald
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
murnaz wrote:
From the preview: "Defensive: A disk overlapping this terrain gains the swift () keyword."

Anyone know what the "swift" keyword does? I noticed that it's the keyword that High Elf Swordmasters naturally have. I'm hoping it's something awesome because I'm a High Elf kinda guy

My guess is it means that you get to hit first in combat, rather than it being simultaneous. So if the other guy dies, he doesn't get to hit back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Verro Diabolico
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cfmcdonald wrote:
murnaz wrote:

My guess is it means that you get to hit first in combat, rather than it being simultaneous. So if the other guy dies, he doesn't get to hit back.

Grimgor Ironhide has the same, and the defensive terrain give the ability to any disk overlapping it, so I think it is possible. It would be similar to first strike in diskwars iirc.
Maybe somebody who attended the demo could advise. I'm curious too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.