Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Sommer
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Should one use all of the specially marked sector tiles in a 2 player game, or just 8 per player? Are there intentionally only 23 of these tiles (one short of 8 per player for three players)? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Fields
msg tools
For 2 players, take 8 for each player from the set. Unless you want a really long game .

For 3 players, I'm pretty sure it works out that the number of 2/3 player tiles is enough for 8/person. (I.e. I'm pretty sure I counted 24)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Kindree
Canada
Waterdown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pjims wrote:
Should one use all of the specially marked sector tiles in a 2 player game, or just 8 per player? Are there intentionally only 23 of these tiles (one short of 8 per player for three players)? Thanks!

There should be 24 tiles.
Look through your other stack of tiles - you've likely missed one, a few of the little 2-3 player symbols were hard to see initially.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Sommer
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found it. Thanks!

Eight per player even in two player games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Kindree
Canada
Waterdown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're using 3 boards in total, that's 15 spaces + 6 in galaxy board = 21. 8 tiles per player + 2 starting = 18 total tiles = 3 empty spaces.

If you wanted a more compact and offensive game, you could theoretically go with 2 boards + galaxy core for 16 spaces. 2 starting tiles + 6/7 tiles per player = 14 (2 empty) / 16 (all full). But at that lower number (12 of the possible 24 in 2-3p 'deck'), there's a greater chance of having the factions be lopsided.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.