Subject: Presorted cards for first games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan M
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried to search the forums, but couldn't find this answer: I opened the packages of cards before reading that they were presorted with one deck to be used for the first game(s). Can anyone tell me which cards were presorted for the first game? Or doesn't it really matter while my wife and I try to learn the game and play it for the first time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are very small numbers 1, 2, 3 or 4 on the bottom of some of the cards. The cards with 1 are meant to go with home world 1, and so forth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
There is no first-game deck - you use the entire deck no matter what. What the game does have is pre-determined starting hands. The cards in these hands have little numbers in the corners, "1" for starting hand 1 for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the term you're looking for is "preset hands". If they got mixed up, don't fret... just match the numbers with each other. For example, note the #5 on all of the cards, with the large number 5 in red* which is what's known as a start world or homeworld. **

* even numbered homeworlds are blue
** #5 preset is from the 1st expansion, but it was easier for me to link to that, but I'm sure you got the idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zamborsky
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Ah, Denny, I've hardly seen you this episode."
mbmbmbmbmb
Read under "Setup" in the rules - it'll explain what you need to know.

The deck itself isn't presorted, but your starting worlds and hands are - makes it easier to learn the game if you have a starting hand of cards that are synergistic with your start world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick responses! It makes sense now, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I hate feeling like I'm making it harder for myself to learn a new game. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Levert
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the preset hands - ignore the 5th set as it is from an expansion.

http://racepics.tk/preset.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.