Subject: Questions on knockback, items, abilities rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zed Lovecraft
Germany
Duesseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had another cool experience game last night, but also new questions. Some were mentioned in other threads too but beside discussion there wasn't an official answer, at least I couldn't find one.

Knockback: can it only be used when fighting in the same room or also with a ranged attack from a different room?
Can it also be used on the nemesis?

Do items like the flamethrower, map, flash bang or mine need an action when used?

Jacks's ability of one free attack, how is it used during the showdown?

Lucy's ability to exchange locks, the German rules state that it costs 4 action points which makes it unusable in a 4/5 player game. I assume it's meant to be 4XP like in the English rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Robinson
United States
Neptune City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not official but this is how I understand it
Knock-Back also works on Nemesis and I believe from a range weapon from a different room.

It should cost an action to USE any item you are carrying, you can switch items from inactive to active (Left to Right) for free.

Lucy's exchange ability costs 4XP to use

The showdown rules are different, but I would assume you simply do not add an action point marker to the track when conducting Jack's free action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless one time items have the action symbol, which I believe the flame thrower does, they do not cost an action to use.

Jack gets one free attack per hero cycle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed Lovecraft
Germany
Duesseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the action symbol? Would be nice to get an official statement regarding the actions for used items.

thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Meyer
Switzerland
Luzern
Schweiz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think there's an official statement needed, because it's pretty clear.

This is the "action symbol":

Everything else doesn't need an AP to use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Meyer
Switzerland
Luzern
Schweiz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TigerTailz wrote:
Not official but this is how I understand it
..... I believe from a range weapon from a different room.

I don't believe so... but I'm not sure either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashes001 wrote:
Had another cool experience game last night, but also new questions. Some were mentioned in other threads too but beside discussion there wasn't an official answer, at least I couldn't find one.

Knockback: can it only be used when fighting in the same room or also with a ranged attack from a different room?
Can it also be used on the nemesis?

Do items like the flamethrower, map, flash bang or mine need an action when used?

Jacks's ability of one free attack, how is it used during the showdown?

Lucy's ability to exchange locks, the German rules state that it costs 4 action points which makes it unusable in a 4/5 player game. I assume it's meant to be 4XP like in the English rules?

Knockback: the rules here are very specific, so if you follow the rule directly you will see that it is not possible to use it ranged.

This icon pushes an opponent away from the attacking survivor in a straight line, pushing it out of the
survivor’s room
to an adjacent accessible room.

Items that use 1AP to use are marked with a symbol.

During the showdown, the easiest way is to give Jack an extra AP cube
to spend, which will be used for the extra attack. If you use a cube of a different color it is easy to track.

Lucy effectively spends 4XP to perform the lock exchange.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ausloosd wrote:

Knockback: the rules here are very specific, so if you follow the rule directly you will see that it is not possible to use it ranged.

This icon pushes an opponent away from the attacking survivor in a straight line, pushing it out of the
survivor’s room

That's not specific at all. What happens if I shoot something in the same room with me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Garcia Ballester
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
badge
Across Space and Time
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
ausloosd wrote:

survivor’s room

That's not specific at all. What happens if I shoot something in the same room with me?

“ranged” in David's answer does not refer to the weapon but to the use of the Knockback icon. Reading the OP, it's very clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
ausloosd wrote:

survivor’s room

Why is this not specific?
the rules state "pushing it out of the survivors room".
So that covers "in the same room with me" directly.
The knockback is used by a survivor to push a creature out of his room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.