Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
does somebody know how does the game work with heroes getting stronger
and stronger. Do they have some elegant system for it? Or is it clunky?
Do monsters get better stats or there is simply more of them?
How does it work with monster decks?
Is there some sort of campaign or are all missions standalone.
Standalone would be a problem with inbuild mission difficulty.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jef stuyck
Belgium
flag msg tools
Well depending on the level of the characters, the monsters will become elite and will receive elite bonuses through a chart. We are not sure if these will be new abilities or stats.( will pbb be both )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitry Klimov
Russia
flag msg tools
It quick and light system, as far i know. Main idea, that quantity of monster packs, revealed by encounter token depend on lvl of heroes group
(don't know, how it calculate, maybe just max)

So, on other hand, quality (hardness) of monsters depend on quantity of heroes group (3 color of decks and propositions to create threats deck)

And when you need more monster minis, than you have, you just convert part of them into elite state (with some different abilities, calculating by dice and chart). So even 2 fights with same monsters - will not be same in fact.

FFP say, Campaign will build on the therm: end A, take B, end B? take C. So missions will chain by storyline, not by level requirements for success run. But i don't know will be here lvl,class or equipments requirements at all... still lack of info and some dim.. So it maybe, and if it be this way, that we can play missions is some order, but with big variety, from light to harder, from begin to end by many different ways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Galahed wrote:
It quick and light system, as far i know. Main idea, that quantity of monster packs, revealed by encounter token depend on lvl of heroes group

So, on other hand, quality (hardness) of monsters depend on quantity of heroes group (3 color of decks and propositions to create threats deck)

And when you need more monster minis, than you have, you just convert part of them into elite state (with some different abilities, calculating by dice and chart). So even 2 fights with same monsters - will not be same in fact.

FFP say, Campaign will build on the therm: end A, take B, end B? take C. So missions will chain by storyline, not by level requirements for success run. But i don't know will be here lvl,class or equipments requirements at all... still lack of info and some dim.. So it maybe, and if it be this way, that we can play missions is some order, but with big variety, from light to harder, from begin to end by many different ways.

Thanks, it looks quite good and inspiring even if I would like something more definite. I am still bit afraid that it will be clunky.
If it will turn alright it will be fantastic system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Galahed wrote:

Yes, this is what they have said about scaling the game for the number of heroes. It might just be mission design though -- like, the mission will say it is for Level 5 heroes, or whatever.

I don't think they have said anything about how it scales for the level of the heroes. I asked about this in comments, and MB said you can play heroes with different levels in the same game, but she didn't know how it worked.

Quote:

They said some mission will chain. I had the impression it is a small number of missions. I could be wrong, but I think most missions do not have this continuity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Zhu
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
Some missions are standalone and some are even branching

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.