Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas Fletcher
United States
Marion
OH: OHIO
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is for 3 players exactly, but can be expanded by defining more heroes.

1: The base is a modified Battle Heroica.
2: Each hero still has their own player.
3: Each hero has a melee skill and a ranged skill.
4: The heroes are the wizard and the paladin (use a knight as the microfig)
5: Wizards powers are as follows:
5a: Ranged: Fireball: Kill a monster within 5 spaces, even around corners.
5b: Melee: Chain Lightning: Kill the monster, and kill a monster within 2 spaces of the first monster.
6: Paladin powers are as follows:
6a: Ranged: Lay on Hands: All heroes regain 1 life.
6b: Melee: Charge Through: Kill the monster, move onto its space, then move one space.
7: There is one special locked door on the map.
8: There are two special potions on the map.
9: One special potion is gold, while the other is silver.
10: One special potion unlocks the special door, while the other deals 1 damage to the player that uses it.
11: To use the special potions, you must be next to the special door.
12: The monster player sets which special potion is which at the start of the game, but does not tell the other players.
13: Rather than move 1 monster the rolled number of spaces, the monster player moves X monsters 1 space, where X is the number rolled.
14: In addition, the monster player has their own powers, used when they roll a shield:
14a: Ranged: Raise Dead: Claim a power 1 monster from anywhere (hero packs or graveyard) and put it onto a pre-chosen space.
14b: Melee: Seeing Double: The hero attacked takes damage and is moved back 2 spaces. Claim a power 1 monster from anywhere (hero packs or graveyard) and put it onto the space the hero was on.
15: The monster player has one other special power. 4 times per game, they may force any die to be rerolled. The monster player may not reroll a shield.
16: The heroes have one last power as well. They may spend 3 monster corpses (moving them to the graveyard) from their hero pack to force a die they would have rolled to be a shield.
17: The boss monster must be killed twice to count.
18: When the boss monster is killed, the heroes win.
19: A hero who runs out of hit points is dead. Dead heroes can not be brought back. If all heroes are dead, the monster player wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
Naarden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks interesting. Have you tested it yet?

(BGG note: I think this should go under Variants, not General)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Fletcher
United States
Marion
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have actually. It works quite well.

(Note: game families don't have a Variants section. It is quite annoying.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
Naarden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. I'll see if I can get a chance to use it soon.

One little concern right away though: Isn't the fireball too strong? It always seemed really powerful to me (not to mention a bit unthematic) when you can attack around corners. Not just in Heroica mind, but every dungeon crawler type game.

By the way, about the sorting-comment: I hope you didn't think I was trying to be a smart ass, I didn't mean it like that. And I totally didn't realize there was no option for variants. So, uhm, never mind. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Fletcher
United States
Marion
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fireball actually works quite well. Attacking around corners never seems to be a big deal.

(also, I just thought you didn't notice. no offense intended. )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.