R Hilton
United States
Sarasota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find the rules generally very clearly written, but I am not certain how to interpret the following sentence from Rule 18.0, which reads "No more than 1 of each type of fortification or obstacle may be in a hex, except for hasty defenses."

The rule 18.1.3 about multiple units in the same hex each having its own hasty defense counter is clear. But beyond that I am not so clear.

So, for example, may a unit that is under a trench counter build a hasty defense, and derive defensive benefits from both types of fortifications? (And if not, may a unit that is in the same hex as a trench counter but not under it build a hasty defense?)

Likewise, may a player place a roadblock and wire counter in the same hex (in those scenarios where the player may choose their location)?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dang
United States
California
flag msg tools
The Hasty Defense rules clearly state that they can be built in any terrain except water. So the trench and hasty defense DM would be cumulative.

Roadblocks and wires are different types of obstacles, so yes, following Rule 18.0, no mpre than 1 of each may be put in the same hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Hilton
United States
Sarasota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.