Ukko Kaarto
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm sitting on Outlaw + EU shipping = $175

What addons would you get for extra ~$50 or so if the aim is to get most adventure options and replayability? I have tons of miniatures (backed Bones kickstarter) so I'm more interested in stuff that brings more game than just miniatures.

Preferably I'd like to spend less than that $50 as the base pledge is already quite expensive. But if there are "must haves" then I can go over $50 too.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Downing
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Depends on a few factors. You can safely ignore the terrain -- that adds nothing to playability; it's just there to make the board look snazzy.

Do you think you or someone you game with wants one of those classes? Go with that. The monsters can be played anywhere, so that adds options, too.

I'd say anything with scenarios adds extra replayability value, so I'd look primarily at the mission packs and/or the Otherworlds (since Jason has said that the Otherworlds will get missions, too). You get extra missions, you get more monsters... win-win.

The extra cards also add a surprising amount of gameplay for just 15 cards, from my past experience with FFP's card add-ons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I am in the same boat minus the EU shipping and limiting myself to $35 of add ons.

My thoughts are:
Option1:
dark stone shaman(+extra bear)
ghost of the damned

Option 2:
otherwold(probably trederra)

Options 3:
cult of crimson hand (mainly because i can see them exploring doing dastardly deeds in all the worlds, whereas the hellfire succubi... vampires/werewolves..not so much)

my wife is not pleased that FFP is making this game and normally I am a conpletionist and would MC).. but I am going to not go crazy. I will probably add things as needed based on how the game plays/what i feel is necessary to flesh out options after next August. My only concern is what will eventually make it or not to released add on product purchasable in store....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mbmb
You mentioned getting the Bones KS minis. I'd consider getting the blank monster cards (Enemy Threat Cards). These allow you to add monsters of your creation (or if you're able to see scans or copies of other's cards, you can make critters that are pretty similar to what's out there) to the game. For the $15 deck of cards, that's a pretty significant jump in new beasties to fight. This might help keep the game fresh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mattprice wrote:
You mentioned getting the Bones KS minis. I'd consider getting the blank monster cards (Enemy Threat Cards). These allow you to add monsters of your creation (or if you're able to see scans or copies of other's cards, you can make critters that are pretty similar to what's out there) to the game. For the $15 deck of cards, that's a pretty significant jump in new beasties to fight. This might help keep the game fresh.

This was going to be my suggestion.

For $50 you can get:
2x $15 blank monster cards
1x $10 blank gear/artifact cards
1x $10 encounter cards

This would allow you to make your own gear, and encounters.
Adding a lot of re playability in that regard.

And depending on what minis you used, the 2x packs of blank cards gives you 50 cards for each level. And you can use 1-3 cards per enemy depending on level.
So in theory those two packs could give you anywhere from 20-40+ additional monster / bosses to fight.
I plan on doing all this myself.

Using Bones minis you can create a nice variety to fight.

I am gathering a list of enemies using the bones I and II minis that can be added in based on otherworld and level. With how many cards I think I use of each. More cards makes them more often to come out.
And the different colors are different levels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikola Botica
Croatia
N/A
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
you can make a rival gang that you encounter on your travels by using extra char minis! I was thinking about utilising those more since they are pretty much useless to me otherwise.maybe custom allies or something like that.so cards are good idea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.