Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
1100/1360
United States
Muncy
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
...the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.
mb
Continued from Captain Hart's Revenge Part I:
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/14082136#14082136

The Swiftwind lay hidden in an out of the way hangar in Val Justinia. Captain Hart had made her way to Society Hall, and was ready to begin her search.

She had never been to Val Justinia and so randomly picked a lane to walk down and stumbled into Revolution Square, where 2 hours of searching left her wearied but with part of the Antikythera.
She walked into a street which her letter and clues lead her to believe would hold a piece of the Antikythera, or at least more clues when she noticed that the beggar ahead of her in the gutter was wearing boots that were far too nice for your average beggar. The curtains above and across from him fluttered slightly and she thought she saw someone standing there. Was this the group that was spreading the rumors against her? Whatever they may be she decided to go back the way she came and waste a little time in places she knew to be safe, and try and get back here later. Two hours later she crept back down the street and saw that her potential attackers were gone.
It was then that she discovered the Hive. Here there would be more clues.
"Captain Hart eh? You know there's a bounty on your head? Air Pirates and the Emperor! How did you manage that?"
"Lucky I guess."
"Well, you're in the right place then! We all have that kind of luck here! I tell you what, I've got a little map here that might help you around our fair city, but you'll have to give me something I want."
The leering smile that her new found friend had on his face left her with an easy decision, a bruise on his head and the map in her hands.

She made her way down Springwind Alley. The Antikythera piece was well hidden here. The series of clues and traps took her some time to figure out, but she walked out the other end with another piece.

The streets and alleys of Val Justinia twisted and turned. The city seemed to shift about her and even her senses seemed to be untrustworthy. Wasn't she just here? Wasn't this where Revolution Square was? Where did it go? Her strength ebbed almost to nothing. Still she was able to decipher the clues and avoid the Cabal's traps and attacks. She knew she didn't have the strength to combat them as the Antikythera pieces hiding places exacted a toll on her mind and body. The Cabal traps were beneficial in one way though. They revealed themselves to her. She knew that the group that was plotting against her called themselves the Clockwork Cabal and they were in league with the Air Pirates. This, more than any desire to clear her name, drove her to get the pieces before they did, and escape their plotting.
Their plots ran deep. She managed to interrogate one of her attackers who revealed that their operatives were closing in on her and were hours away from pushing the papers through the Imperial bureaucracy to get her arrested and executed as a criminal of the state.
With her last ounce of strength she was able to return to collect the last piece and escape Val Justinia, to continue her quest to restore her name and to pursue the treacherous Air Pirates down any hole they might crawl into.

Return to Captain Hart's Revenge Part I:
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/14082136#14082136
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.