Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
The Dublin Guards event card gives a Free State Regulars unit +1 to any attacks on the turn it is drawn. If utilized, it also creates a Republican Mob in a random area in the Region the battle occurs. When specifically does the Mob appear?

1Once the battle is declared?
2Or after the battle is resolved?

If 2 is correct, the Mob could appear in the same Area as the Dublin Guards (assuming it wasn't eliminated during combat) or any other FS unit and initiate another combat before the phase concludes, correct?

I played it such that the Mob appeared after the offending combat occurred and was resolved based on my interpretation of the card text. In my game, the Mob appeared in the same space as the Dublin Guards who then had to fight two combats within one phase. Under the right circumstances, it makes a difference as the Mob may add to the combat value of another Republican unit facing the Dublin Guard (Regulars) 1, or it may only initiate combat after its faction unit is potentially eliminated 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kershaw
Ireland
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
WARGAME!
badge
Lines of Battle: Quatre Bras 1815. Brunswick hussar.
mbmbmbmbmb
2 - After, is the way I played it, although now thinking about it, I like the idea of placing it beforehand to make the combat (and +1) more chancy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
With the abstract nature of the time scale, I think it works well thematically either way. Likely the news of the arrival of a feared and hated force would instigate some form of resistance anyway, even before the force had time to conduct serious operations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.