Popular Tags: [View All]
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Forged In Flame Expansion (February 2014)"
"Paladin vs Siren Expansion (August 2014)"

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/164052/item/2938473#it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I talked to Patrick a lot over the last few days at BGG Con (awesome guy) and he showed me the art for the female Warlock and Dwarf Warlord. I assume these are the part of the Forged in Flame expansion (similar to Conquest of Kumanjaro). They looked AMAZING. I don't know if they are out for view yet but what I saw really blew me away. The art for this game is, hands down, some of the best anywhere and it keeps getting better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The dwarf is so sick in color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvie Jarriell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those look awesome, but does that mean they not planning a female Warlord then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacie Winters
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So this means the other sub expansion will later be the Wizard and Forcemaster alternates after Siren vs. Paladin.

I can see that.

Both of these are total must buys also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was expecting the female Wizard vs female Warlock. But this works too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel Vacek
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Donny - the artwork is simply amazing for this game, and I am excited about the expansions. Additionally, I heard that there are 2 new games planned for the start of next year from Arcane Wonders. With the quality of components and game play of Mage Wars alone, I'm pretty stoked about anything they produce.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel Vacek
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RayLancer wrote:

I think those are planned too. I also had some good conversations with the Mage Wars folks at BGG Con.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Me too but I guess they have brought forward the Warlord as its the class that needs most fixing/beefing up. I'm also surprised that they did not made it Warlord vs. (female) Wizard as we will have 3 Dark Mages with the next expansion then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So does this mean we are waiting to see frost damage introduced in August with the Siren, or will they throw in some frost damage finally in the Forged in Flame expansion?

I expected it to be introduced with the Druid vs. Necromancer but from all spoilers I have seen it is not here yet.

I am excited either way, it is just odd that they have hinted at frost from set 1 and it still is not here yet after all these new sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Murphy
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Fore!
mbmbmbmbmb
Spyre wrote:

What do you mean? This is the female warlord. (It's hard to tell with dwarves, so I'll forgive you the mistake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jomurph86 wrote:
Spyre wrote:

What do you mean? This is the female warlord. (It's hard to tell with dwarves, so I'll forgive you the mistake

I agree. The giveaway is the chain male under the plate. No dwarf male would ever wear something so light and dainty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Green
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
So does this mean we are waiting to see frost damage introduced in August with the Siren, or will they throw in some frost damage finally in the Forged in Flame expansion?

I expected it to be introduced with the Druid vs. Necromancer but from all spoilers I have seen it is not here yet.

I am excited either way, it is just odd that they have hinted at frost from set 1 and it still is not here yet after all these new sets.

I am thinking the Siren is to water what the Druid is to Nature/plants. I bet you see a ton of water spells, ice/steam/liquid as well as summoning sea creatures, maybe water walls, pools or rivers that could spawn creatures, like maybe creating a lake in a zone and having something like the tentacle beast from Lord of the Rings summoned up out of it to drag creatures down and drown them or eat them, etc. I bet there's a spell that floods the whole arena and turns it into an undersea environment and have water breathing enchantments so you and your creatures can get around, maybe a swimming spell to go faster through the water, maybe you can transform into a shark, etc. Go nuts, Arcane Wonders. Bring it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, was wondering what the next expansions were going to be (and I like alternating small-large expansions, although I generally only buy the large sets). Probably don't need Conquest for Priest with Paladin coming out eventually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bobobob bob
msg tools
Spyre wrote:

My guess is that there will be no male version of the Siren either, so they should eventually balance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Madd
United States
Statesboro
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good possibility, but I still think the dwarf is a female. People just don't know how to tell dwarf genders apart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cannon
United States
Annapolis
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zub3ri wrote:
That's a good possibility, but I still think the dwarf is a female. People just don't know how to tell dwarf genders apart.

I think the hair bracelets in the beard are a dead giveaway that this is a female.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.