Mark Maginity
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the definition of "couple" as it relates to the Cardinal de Fleury Patron card? All of the other references to "couple" in the game are clearly to couples whose marriages have already been completed. However this card could conceivably include arranged marriages in Generation IV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I would argue that couples are married, and thus arranged marriages don't count, as the marriage hasn't been completed yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Maginity
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Mjeh wrote:
I would argue that couples are married, and thus arranged marriages don't count, as the marriage hasn't been completed yet.

This makes sense thematically since it would be kind of creepy to elevate the status of the relationship to "couple" before the child has grown up. That was the approach we took even though the rules don't spell this out as clearly as when they explicitly say that friends in arranged marriages are still considered "part of the family" for the various bonuses. (By the way, this is the first game I can recall bringing into the house where my wife asked me when was the next time we would be playing it instead of the other way around. Enjoying it very much!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristian Raut
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the strategy forum you wrote:

Quote:
if you even go for arranged marriages as well, which I guess count as couples as well, you'd have tons and tons of points for this

Here you write:

Quote:
I would argue that couples are married, and thus arranged marriages don't count

So which one is it?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Bahaus wrote:
On the strategy forum you wrote:

Quote:
if you even go for arranged marriages as well, which I guess count as couples as well, you'd have tons and tons of points for this

Here you write:

Quote:
I would argue that couples are married, and thus arranged marriages don't count

So which one is it?

Thank you

The latter - must've been late with regard to the former.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.