9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Canada » Nova Scotia

Subject: LCG Leagues rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Snaglewski
Canada
flag msg tools
If you like Game of Thrones and Star Wars and like complex strategy gaming and are tired of rare chasing, banned cards, table flippers and sinking thousands of dollars.....

find us on facebook: The AGoT League
Nova Scotia STAR WARS/ X-Wing Play
or contact me at: snaglew@hotmail.com

We have tons of great gamers in Halifax, Truro, Moncton and Fredericton. New season is around corner. Season play( 6 weeks of play 3 times a year) Tourneys where we play for honors and cool prizes from game night kits ( alternate art cards, posters, deck boxes etc that you can only get at these tourneys) A championship in January. Winner gets bye to Regionals in Spring. Winner gets bye to Worlds in November. And casual gaming in between.
Casual and competitive gamers welcome.

Check out the tutorials Here: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/agotlcg/tutori...
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/media/SWLCG/SW...
And the best site for LCG gamers. View cards, get advice and a deck builder for every LCG: http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/index.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I've tried to join the group for star wars/X-wing but apparently the group is closed and can't request to join the group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apocalyp wrote:
I've tried to join the group for star wars/X-wing but apparently the group is closed and can't request to join the group.

When you say Star Wars/X-Wing do you mean the miniatures game? I would love to join a league of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I beilieve so but I haven't been able to get into the group to see what it is...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apocalyp wrote:
I beilieve so but I haven't been able to get into the group to see what it is...

Where do you even see it online?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I used the names in the op.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apocalyp wrote:
I used the names in the op.

I made a request to join. Let's see what happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M N
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it is the miniature game. You should be able to request to join like any other FB group. Just requires the groups admin to approve you. We also have the more general Nova Scotia LCG Hub on FB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Moulton
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At The Board Room Game Cafe in Halifax we have begun FFG LCG nights on Thursdays at the Cafe. This includes Star Wars: The Card Game, A Game of Thrones: The Card Game, Android: Netrunner and Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game.

To help create a larger player base, Thursday nights will be open to anyone wanting to play these games in a dedicated fashion, either by learning them the first time, or digging into them and playing with other experienced players.

Prizes for league play and tournament event information will be forthcoming over the next while. The cost is $5 and we'll give you double reward stamps on your loyalty card when you come Thursday night to play these games.

When you come Thursday night to play the card games listed above or X-Wing, you get your name entered into a game-specific draw:
Netrunner Prize: Strange Flesh a novel set in the Android Netrunner Universe + (winners choice) a $15 gift card or the next data pack for Netrunner after the prize is drawn
Game of Thrones Prize: a complete set of 5 paperback novels for Game of Thrones
Star Wars Card Game Prize: Star Wars deluxe history book highlighting the cultural impact and overview of the canon
X-Wing Prize: A Millenium Falcon miniature that looks great even if you don't regularly play the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.