Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
Neat concept in the rain room:

This is also really cool from The Creators:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
The difference that age makes: I would walk into the rain room and experience it. Wow! How incredibly cool?

A 20-something, or younger: Instantly pulls out their phone and starts taking pictures. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
MABBY wrote:
The difference that age makes: I would walk into the rain room and experience it. Wow! How incredibly cool?

A 20-something, or younger: Instantly pulls out their phone and starts taking pictures. shake

Agree!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel
Netherlands
Den haag
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I like the look form the outside of this exhibition, howevee I wonder if I would really enjoy the experience on the inside. It is just too artificial for my tastes.

MABBY wrote:

Please explain what age has to do with this and on what you base your statement about peoples behaviours:
I would say that
a: 20somethings also would walk into the room to experience it
b: older people would also be taking pictures
c: before everybody had digital cameras the person that did have a camera on them when visiting something like this, would also be taking pictures.
d: taking pictures does not diminish the experience in anyway, it does however make it easier to reexperience it at a later time.

Now people who baselessly act smug toward different generations (or others peoples choices on how to experience something), there is something that really deserves a shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melface McPuggins
United States
Winooski
Vermont
flag msg tools
mb
MABBY wrote:

Ah, yes, you're right, I am totally incapable of appreciating anything because I own a cellular phone with a camera. How very perceptive of you, how lost and alone I am. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Lincoln
NE: NEBRASKA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zealisee wrote:
MABBY wrote:

Ah, yes, you're right, I am totally incapable of appreciating anything because I own a cellular phone with a camera. How very perceptive of you, how lost and alone I am. cry

I think the "youngins always on their phones" is an interesting stereotype. More of the younger generations are familiar with newer technology, but at the same time, the majority people who try to order food where I work while on their cell phones are over 40.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melface McPuggins
United States
Winooski
Vermont
flag msg tools
mb
mylittlepwny wrote:

I think the "youngins always on their phones" is an interesting stereotype. More of the younger generations are familiar with newer technology, but at the same time, the majority people who try to order food where I work while on their cell phones are over 40.

I definitely noticed the same thing when I worked retail. Bluetooth was especially bad, and I hardly got a customer around my age who would walk up to the counter on the phone or talking to themselves.

Though I will say I am more inclined to retreat to my phone to scroll around on BGG when faced with someone who dismisses me because of my age, because why should I let them down/bother interacting with someone who refuses to accept that people aren't exclusively resigned to the stereotypes of their generation (and other things).

BUT at the same time it's not all "40-somethings" who have the idea that my generation is full of people who cannot and will not function as capable human beings. I'm routinely faced with a few friends who take great pleasure in dissecting ever detail of how our generation is "the worst since the baby boomers".

People, man. Can't live with them, but without them we'd cease to actually exist. shake

edit;;

AND, BACK ON TOPIC:

Both of those are SO COOL. I hope I have a chance to go to something like it in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear person in rain room video,

Holding out your palms and tilting your face upwards is pointless if there's no rain to fall on you...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.