flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
rhinchcliff wrote:
When spending resources for war, the rules state that you can spend a max of 9 resources. When spending magic, if I spend 9 resources does that mean I've got 18 points for that war or would it be that I still only be allowed to spend 9 points of resources so 4 magic and one ore to make the total 9 points?

It would be like the second part of your question. So, 9 is the max you can bid and when paying for the 9 magic would count as 2 each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've been playing that 9 is the max strength so if you used magic, it would count for 2 points of those 9.

The only time it would go above 9 is if you had a faction ability active that could modify it.

But that's just our interpretation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
SilvaShado wrote:
We've been playing that 9 is the max strength so if you used magic, it would count for 2 points of those 9.

The only time it would go above 9 is if you had a faction ability active that could modify it.

Spot on Sarah. That is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mgcoe wrote:
SilvaShado wrote:

Spot on Sarah. That is correct.

Thanks!

But I see you answered before I did. That's what I get for leaving a window open for a few minutes before responding to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie Barrett
United States
Warren
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This came up in my game group as well. I was playing it correctly at home with family but my game group later convinced me that it should be played the other way due to how they interpreted the rues as written. Definitely would benefit from an example or more explanation in the rules on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Lowmaster
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More exact wording would be helpful, yes. The game shifts completely in favor of some races if you read it as shifting cubes up to nine spaces and getting 18 war points. {:0p

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.