Popular Tags: [View All]
Royce Banuelos
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You are an inspector trying to figure out who captured the queen and where she has been taken too. There's a Jester who has some information you're willing to pay for. Simple enough right!

This game is very short and simple but a lot of fun.

The Components:

The cards are well made with great artwork. The cards are smaller than a standard deck of cards but are still very workable in a Bridge style. They shuffle very well and are coated so they will stand the test of time. No complaints from the art or quality side of things.

10/10

Gameplay:

The game is simple and really easy to explain. The rules are well written and leave no question unanswered. We used some scrap paper to keep track of evidence cards. I guess you can play without it but it really makes no sense not to. Other deduction games have paper check off sheets and this one is similar in it's basic mechanics.

There is minimal strategy but it's still a fun race to see who can get the answer first. I love fast simple games with a good theme and this hits it on all points. The Jester card is a little unnecessary but fits in just fine. As far as game play is concerned it works on all levels.

10/10

Overall:

The game is fun and short, so some gamers might not like that style of game. Personally I found it fun enough. I'm not going to play it 100 times but certainly for a filler/in between game or if some one is new to the board game hobby. The theme works well, the quality is there, the price is crazy cheap and the game is fun.

8/10

Why an 8? The game is simple...just a little too simple to go beyond an 8. As a simple card game I'd give it a 10/10 but as an overall game I'd give it an 8/10.

Buy it if you see it! It's soooo cheap and worth the price.

Boardgame Snob score: 7/10
Poker Fan score: 5/10
Sherlock Holmes score: 3/10
The Queen's score: 0/10
Friends and Family score: 6/10
Kids Score: 4/10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Jones
United States
Tomah
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Royce, glad you like it. I designed it to be just that--a simple quick filler with a decent theme. Thanks for the write-up.

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.