Brian Schwartz
United States
Holbrook
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

Just opened this game that I got for my birthday, and my family enjoyed it, however, the statues that keep stacking up are overwhelming. It's very hard to keep track of these.

Do you guys recommend that we limit it to one status per person? My issue would be a status like Married or Sultan which is very positive would be replaced with a bad one. if I did one status at a time and got a new one, would I lose the benefit of the status ? (IE, I gain a wealth level when first gaining it, but then when I replace it with a new one, I lose it?)

Or do you recommmend that I do what another poster did which was have a max of three statues, and you choose which one is replaced by a new one? (Thus letting you keep some of the good ones).

Another issue I've been reading is that you don't go through the various times of day and that most games only have morning. Do you miss out on some text and encounters by this? Do you recommend any rules changes that would mitigate this?

Thank you!

brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mason
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We like to change time of day whenever play comes around to the first player. Yes, this does add variety to the game in comparison to following the rules.

We rather enjoy playing with unlimited statuses. However, we house-ruled additional ways to get rid of "sex-changed" and "beast form" as they are hard to get rid of, and both (if I'm not mistaken) prevent you from winning.

There are plenty of ideas on both subjects in these forums - this is what my family prefers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We change the time of day every time play comes Player 1 and prefer unlimited statuses as well. If we limited the statuses, my wife wouldn't have been able to win a tie-breaker as a sex-changed and pursued insane outlaw in beast form. Our house rule is simply that you can win if a sex-change is in effect; we think it makes more sense that way (I think a win in beast form is already allowed by the rules).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.