Runewars» Forums » General

Subject: Runewars App? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Purple Paladin

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would buy it in a heartbeat; pre-buy in fact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so would I... and I don't even have an IPad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would not buy it.

(Just trying to keep this thread balanced. )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
Didn't know what to spend all this sweet GG on, so I bought the overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
Budgernaut wrote:
I would not buy it.

(Just trying to keep this thread balanced. )

That makes two of us. An iOS exclusive is completely useless to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would if I had something that ran on iOS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
m Vlad
Romania
flag msg tools
mb
I don´t think it makes sense buying an app of Runewars, this games takes about 3 hours to play and there are a lot of things which you could not translate into an app.

You´d better wish for video-game(real-time strategy), where your goal is to build an army , DEFEAT neutrals, go questing with heroes and take over cities. Being a part of the Terrinoth universe would make it great.

So.. I´d rather have another expansion for Runewars than an app with weekly pricey heroes and quest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mvl4d wrote:
... than an app with weekly pricey heroes and quest.

?

Anyways: Where is the problem with a game taking about 3 hours? Video-Games usually can be paused and/or saved. And I cannot see any mechanic that cannot be translated to an app. You are talking about "lot of things".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
m Vlad
Romania
flag msg tools
mb
You CAN translate them, but you cannot make it work the same way the boardgame does.

Let´s think about it:

Placing the hexes.

A Seasons Card popping up after every turn.

A card that shows you after selecting 2 influence to spend for allying with a Neutral that you´ve got nothing.

Activating an area then, moving units towards it.

Using hidden passage(tactics card) to pass through a mountain.

Heroes supporting.

Choosing which of your units to take dmg.

Influence bids.

This is not like eclipse, where you choose an action,resolve an action,pass.

This is more like playing a story.

I would love to play it online,trust me. But there is no way this will end up being an app.

There are just too many things to take on not-so-wide screen and put them all together. It can be translated as a video-game but not as video-boardgame. It is just too much. And there are games that are fairly similar to this(Heroes,King´s Bounty etc.)

I don´t want to offend anyone, as I already said I would love that to happen, but it´s something very different from all other games(runewars).

You should better hope for a Vassal app!

I remember seeing a thread some time ago where someone asked if there is any online version of Sid Meier´s Civilization The Boardgame...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mvl4d wrote:
But there is no way this will end up being an app.

I, personally, think that Runewars would not only be possible to realize as a tablet application but would also be a game that is highly enjoyable. So far I can only speculate, as I'm not yet very skilled in Android programming, but I'm working on it.
Runewars would definitely not be one of my first projects, especially because of the AI programming, but I can see a lot of potential here.

Only because it seems difficult doesn't mean that, with enough effort, you cannot find an accessible and entertaining way to deliver the gameplay of Runewars as a Boardgame version, digitally.

... in that regard... I wonder what happened to the Videogame implementation of Twilight Imperium. That seemed pretty promising!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Schulatz
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
Look, I have overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
mvl4d wrote:

I remember seeing a thread some time ago where someone asked if there is any online version of Sid Meier´s Civilization The Boardgame...

This made me smile.

I do not think I would be into an iOS version of the game. Part of the fun for me is getting other people together for a big, epic game. I like the negotiating, the politics, and the yelling at each other face to face.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
voidreturn
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mvl4d wrote:
You´d better wish for video-game(real-time strategy), where your goal is to build an army , DEFEAT neutrals, go questing with heroes and take over cities. Being a part of the Terrinoth universe would make it great.

It's called Starcraft 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
m Vlad
Romania
flag msg tools
mb
I´m not sure I understand that statement..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Paladin

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Making this game into yet another RTS game would make it a auto non-purchase for me. I don't want my #2 game of all time to become a twitch-fest on the PC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hmm... I found a screenshot from the Twilight Imperium Game. Sorry, I don't have time atm to look further into it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bailey
United States
West valley
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Id LOVE a bg app for this!this was the game that got me into gaming! In fact, immediately after buying and playing this I attempted to contact the manufacturer to see if it was a possibility. That was years ago and I never heard anything back. If this were an app I could play it by myself when I can't find the gamers willing to play, and I could play it in pieces if I didn't have time for a full game. I love every game that has been made it to an app for the single player aspects and I buy them all in addition to the physical copy (except cyclades which is only a multi player app for some reason)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
m Vlad
Romania
flag msg tools
mb
Ben Bailey, the singleplayer aspect of runewars as an app would make me buy a tablet!It would make me feel like playing HoMM3 in 1999.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will not get anything that goes to iOS...because I have an Android!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.