Hide
11 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Variants

Subject: What if the next C&C is for Anarch rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
TEnOTT TNet
msg tools
Continued from http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1037740/what-if-the-next-cc-....
This is my hope the next big box expansion to be Jinteki vs Anarch.

I tried to support Noise, Whizzard, Rosa and new identities with several cards, but I'm not sure it will work. I want your opinion about these cards.

Additional Comments

* I'm not sure we can make a deck only using this pack, just as C&C did. But there are several combos in this package. Murdock - Orange Scandal - Absolution - Zenith, Exhaustive Search - Wonder Walker, Axecalibur - Firestarter, etc.

* Noise milling is supported with False Contribution and Trojan cards. Especially Paranoia is introduced to counter Jackson Howard. Other identities can still use Trojan cards to maintain R&D lock or secure virus counters.

* I tried to introduce several usages of links. Runner's Choice and Cloud Engineering Network can be a choice.

* I hope Out for Lunch to be a great threat for the corp. Especially it can interrupt advance - advance - advance - score on an installed agenda.

* Alchemist is designed to turn recurring credits or bad publicity into credits. Dancing Queen on Personal Workshop can do similar work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TEnOTT TNet
msg tools
Anarch Identity, Operation, Resource
Anarch Identity.

"Tank", the Brute.
Identity.
45/12. 0 [link]
Each Turn, prevent the first unbroken subroutine triggered which is exactly "End the run."

"Cheat", League Breaker.
Identity.
45/15. 0 [link].
The first time you install or play a card with printed cost 2 each turn, gain 2 [credit] and draw a card.

"Murdock", Public Enemy.
Identity.
45/15. 1 [link].
You may discard 3 tags instead of forfeiting an agenda worth 1 agenda point.

Anarch Operation.

N-queen problem.
Operation - Caissa.
Cost 0. Influence 1.
Gain [click][click][click][click][click].
Use these clicks only for installing a Caissa card, or using abilities on Caissa card.

False Contribution.
Operation.
Cost 0. Influence 1.
The corp draws 3 cards.

Hora de Verdad.
Operation - Sabotage.
Cost 5. Influence 5.
Use only once, and only if you made a successful run on HQ this turn. You cannot use Hora de Verdad in extra turns.
Have an extra turn after this one.

Exhaustive Search.
Operation.
Cost 0. Influence 2.
Search your stack for two cards and trash them.
If you trash two cards with the same name, search your stack for another card with that name and put it into your grip.

Absolution.
Operation.
Cost 2. Influence 2.
Choose one - discard up to 3 tags; or gain 3 tags and 8 [credit].

Anarch Resource.

{U} Wu Di.
Resource.
Cost 2. Influence 1.
5c, [trash] : Discard 1 brain damage token.

"Orange" Scandal.
Resource - Virtual
Cost 0. Influence 1.
Whenever you take a tag, the corp loses 1 credit for each.
[trash] : Prevent a Resource trashed.

{U} Testamento.
Resource - Connection
Cost 0. Influence 3.
When your turn begins, if you have no credits, Testamento gains "When your turn ends, you may trash Testamento to gain 7 credits if you have no credits." until the end of turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TEnOTT TNet
msg tools
Anarch Program, Hardware
Anarch Program.

Dragon Slayer.
Program - Icebreaker - AI.
Cost 2. Power 5. 1MU. Influence 1.
0c : +1 power.
1c : Break a subroutine on an ICE with an equal power to Dragon Slayer.

Firestarter.
Program - Icebreaker - Decoder.
Cost 2. Power 1. 1MU. Influence 2.
When you install Firestarter, you may search your stack for a Fracter program and add it to your grip. If you do, shuffle your stack.
1c : +1 power.
0c : Break an code gate subroutine. Use this ability once per encounter.

Base Camp
Program - Caissa.
Cost 0. 1MU. Influence 1.
Install Base Camp only on a rezzed piece of ICE.
Gain 2 [credit] when you encounter hosted ICE.

Sledgehammer.
Cost 1. Power 1. 1MU. Influence 2.
1c : Double power.
1c : Break a subroutine which is exactly 'End the run.'

Alchemist.
Program - Icebreaker - Fracter.
Cost 3. Power 3. 1MU. Influence 2.
3c : Break a barrier subroutine and gain 2c.

Brainstroker.
Program - Icebreaker - Killer.
Cost 3. Power 1. 1MU. Influence 3.
1c : +1 power.
2c : Break a sentry subroutine and draw 1 card.

CIH Hysteria.
Program - Trojan.
Cost 2. 0MU. Influence 2.
Install as an upgrade in the root of HQ if you made a successful run on it this turn.
[trash] : prevent the virus purged.

13F Paranoia.
Program - Trojan.
Cost 0. 0MU. Influence 1.
Install as an upgrade in the root of Archive if you made a successful run on it this turn.
When virus is successfully purged, trash 13F Paranoia.
The corp cannot take any card out from Archive.

LBC Odysseia.
Program - Trojan.
Cost 2. 0MU. Influence 1.
Install as an upgrade in the root of R&D if you made a successful run on it this turn.
When virus is successfully purged, trash LBC Odysseia.
When you make a successful run on R&D, you may choose one - the corp draws a card; or the corp puts a card in HQ on top of R&D.

Anarch Hardware.

{U} Wonder Walker.
Hardware - Console.
Cost 30. Influence 3.
+2MU. Costs 2 less for each hardware in heap, 1 less for each other card in heap.
1c : Bypass an ICE with only 1 subroutine.
Limit 1 console per player.

Wishing Ring.
Hardware.
Cost 1. Influence 1
+1 [link]. 1 [recurring credit].
Use this credit instead of spending another recurring credit.

Zenith.
Hardware.
Cost 0. Influence 2.
As an additional install cost, forfeit an agenda. You need 1 less agenda point to win the game.
+1MU. +1 [link]. +1 max hand limit.

Axecalibur.
Hardware - AI
Cost 1. Influence 3.
Axecalibur can host an non-AI icebreaker program.
Hosted program does not count against your memory limit, and gains "1c : Break an AP subroutine."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TEnOTT TNet
msg tools
Neutral Cards
Neutral

Dancing Queen.
Cost 4. Power 4.
When you install Dancing Queen, gain 3 [credit].
[trash] : Break up to 2 ICE subroutines.

{U} Runner's Choice.
Hardware - Console.
Cost 3.
+1MU, +1 link.
When your turn begins, gain a [click] if you have 4 or more links.
Limit 1 console per player.

Cloud Engineering Network
Hardware - Icebreaker - AI.
Cost 2. Power 7.
0c : Trace 4. If successful, break an ice subroutine. Use this ability once per run.

Out for Lunch.
Resource.
Cost 1.
[Trash] : The corp loses [click][click], if able. You lose [click][click][click] next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Billings
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tenott wrote:

I tried to support Noise, Whizzard, Rosa and new identities with several cards, but I'm not sure it will work. I want your opinion about these cards.

My opinion is that you have nothing to worry about as the odds that any of these cards accurately represent anything in the new box is essentially zero. Threads about fan-created cards, in corporate terms, do not add value. None of your bullet points are worth losing sleep over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xerxes Praelor
Switzerland
flag msg tools
Grimwalker wrote:
tenott wrote:

My opinion is that you have nothing to worry about as the odds that any of these cards accurately represent anything in the new box is essentially zero. Threads about fan-created cards, in corporate terms, do not add value. None of your bullet points are worth losing sleep over.

We're in the Variants section because we either think it's fun to create fan cards, or because we think analyzing fan cards can help our netrunner ability. It's obvious that the cards won't actually be in the set, but it can be worth looking at despite that. I'll post my opinions on the cards in a bit.

BTW, I have another whole set for Jinteki cards, so maybe the OP would be interested in looking at them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you simplify Testamento to, "When your turn begins, if you have no credits, you may trash Testamento. If you do, gain 7 credits at the end of your turn"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OP: Thank you for your ideas!

First off, I really do like your "Murdock" identity. The other two... I probably would not play.

N-Queen Problem is something that compliments Caissa very directly.

I like Absolution as a different approach.

I feel there is a little too much tag-play here. FFG has been very guarded on the using tags for benefit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TEnOTT TNet
msg tools
kurthl33t wrote:
Could you simplify Testamento to, "When your turn begins, if you have no credits, you may trash Testamento. If you do, gain 7 credits at the end of your turn"?

My point was "Broke at the start of the turn, still broke at the end of the turn". It's little bit different to your point. I still agree my description is confusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Marvosh
United States
Boise
ID
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tenott wrote:
kurthl33t wrote:

My point was "Broke at the start of the turn, still broke at the end of the turn". It's little bit different to your point. I still agree my description is confusing.

Maybe "When your turn begins, if you have no credits, you may trash Testamento. If you do, make your credit pool equal exactly 7 credits at the end of your turn." ?

That way if you use other actions to gain creds, they don't really help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.