Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Hogue
United States
O'fallon
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone tried just lifting the space limitations during the last year? That is, once any player hits "20", all spaces become unlimited for the rest of that year, and grande workers always get the bonus? Was this variant ever play-tested?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've never playtested that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you would see all the players pump the brakes when they hit 15-19 points and then you would have an anti-climactic finish as everyone tries to blow the top off the game in one final round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hogue
United States
O'fallon
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would make delaying the 20th point as long a possible within a given a tactical consideration, but waiting an additional year a strategic mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FreedomGunfire wrote:
I think you would see all the players pump the brakes when they hit 15-19 points and then you would have an anti-climactic finish as everyone tries to blow the top off the game in one final round.

I'm not so sure, the likelihood is that if someone's that close behind already, then in another round they'll just hit max VP with you and you have a pointless stalemate. I.e. you'd want to rush over that finish line asap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hogue
United States
O'fallon
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:

Did anyone try playtesting this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Waenink
New Zealand
Whangarei
Northland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EricHogue wrote:
jameystegmaier wrote:

Did anyone try playtesting this?

He likely didn't playtest dinosaurs invading the vineyards in the last round either but that doesn't mean you can't play the game that way.

(I'm assuming by "playtest" that you mean testing your unique variant after publication since you're quoting the designer and asking again.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark: The dinosaurs variant actually made it pretty far in playtesting before I read a research study about how dinosaurs prefer Australian wine to Italian varieties. I tried to keep the game as realistic as possible, so when I learned that, I had to cut the dinosaurs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.