BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Zombie Cribbage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Xithi Chasm
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The unstoppable march of perfunctory zombie games continues (like an unstoppable march of, um, undead things) with...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zombie-Cribbage-Classic-Forrest-Crea...

THIS IS TAKING THINGS TOO FAR

zombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombie

No more! Please! Game designers / re-themers - if you are thinking of designing a zombie game, please just DON'T! Just... invent a new monster! Use your imaginations! Have faith, people will still buy it, make them scary, make them oozing, make them craving human flesh, but please NO MORE ZOMBIES!

From a one time zombie lover.

zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Talmadge
United States
Clinton
CT
flag msg tools
REFEREE MADNESS
badge
I'm wasting your time!
mbmbmbmbmb
Really? Freaking out over a themed cribbage board and playing cards?!? I think you're a bit too hasty in echoing the all-too-popular zombie hate, for this non-issue. Don't worry, another "new" zombie game is just around the corner. You can jump on the anti-zombie bandwagon then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xithi Chasm
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not anti-zombie, I just thought this game somehow encapsulates this lazy theme. But who knows, maybe this is the apotheosis of zombie games, I mean, where do you go from here - zombie patience?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Grimshaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Xithi wrote:
No more! Please! Game designers / re-themers - if you are thinking of designing a zombie game, please just DON'T! Just... invent a new monster!

How about sparkly yet brooding vampires? devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Radford
United Kingdom
Lydney
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
Sixes again!
badge
A mighty fish-god am I.
mbmbmbmbmb
Satire, surely?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xithi Chasm
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cartomancer wrote:
Xithi wrote:
No more! Please! Game designers / re-themers - if you are thinking of designing a zombie game, please just DON'T! Just... invent a new monster!

Now that sounds interesting, I mean - the sparkliness would certainly inhibit the broodingness. Maybe the hungrier they get, the harder it is to suppress the sparkle, but each time they feed, the range of their sparkle increases - the more conspicuous they become, the harder it is to feed.
Could make for a tense balancing mechanic - MUST FEED... but not too much.
Would the light they naturally give off cause damage to themselves or other vamps or are we assuming that vampire light is diffrent to sunlight? Maybe it has an affect on their human prey.

Would it come with a disco soundtrack?
Collectors edition with a nice sequined bag?

I'm in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Grimshaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Xithi wrote:
Cartomancer wrote:
Xithi wrote:

Now that sounds interesting, I mean - the sparkliness would certainly inhibit the broodingness. Maybe the hungrier they get, the harder it is to suppress the sparkle, but each time they feed, the range of their sparkle increases - the more conspicuous they become, the harder it is to feed.
Would the light they naturally give off cause damage to themselves or other vamps or are we assuming that vampire light is diffrent to sunlight? Maybe it has an affect on their human prey.

I'm in.

Lol, I really think you might have something there, and I smell a Kickstarter!

In all seriousness, there are some really workable ideas there that I think would make a sweet Print and Play Micro Game* at the very least.

*Sequins and glitter sold separately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xithi Chasm
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cartomancer wrote:
Xithi wrote:
Cartomancer wrote:
Xithi wrote:

I'm in.

In all seriousness, there are some really workable ideas there that I think would make a sweet Print and Play Micro Game* at the very least.

Let's do it! We could call it.................Saturday Bite Fever
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Grimshaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Xithi wrote:
Cartomancer wrote:
Xithi wrote:
Cartomancer wrote:
Xithi wrote:

I'm in.

Let's do it! We could call it.................Saturday Bite Fever

Ooh! That means that we could include Disco Balls!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.