Subject: So how will the components be listed on BGG? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is pretty modular so I'd imagine there's a desire to trade around parts. How will everything get listed on Board Game Geek?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
That's going to be an interesting problem if each stretch goal and add-on gets released separately down the road. We're going to have a mess of items to track. Maybe do what Summoner Wars does and have a master list and all the individual deck items under it. That way people can subscribe to the master list for everything and still track each item.

The admins are going to have fun once all those items are entered. But I think its prudent to wait until later next year to do anything until FFP confirms how they plan to sell the items. They might group them up which would make sense. All the Otherwords sets/minis would make a smart way to package them. And cut down on unique SKU's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A sound suggestion.

The SKU issue is one of the things that made me pledge less. I wasn't sure how components would be grouped at retail so I didn't know if unknowingly buying *part* of something was going to lock me directly into a FFP web store only purchase or being stuck with duplicates. I also guessed that having duplicates of regular or elite minions wasn't a bad thing (the more the merrier) so I didn't let that feed into pledging hysteria. I did wait around until the bitter end just in case a small bump in my pledge would push everyone over a stretch goal.

In the end I followed my own suggestions in the Outlaw pledge thread so at least I'm not a hypocrite with my advice. I'm also glad there is more chances for me to buy from my local retailer and keep them in business too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFP has said they dont want to package things in such a way to force Kickstarter people to purchase duplicates.

however i know some things primarily the card packs may be sold via the web store only, but i imagine these items are relatively inexpensive

if i was the one organizing the campaign, i would have orginised the stretch goals in worlds, i would have spaced them out further most likly, but set up more boxes sets, so as we worked our way down we would unlock monster A monster B monster C from the same world, and once we got that worlds monsters, gave up the room tiles and rules of that world for free. (no goal for) almost like what the fairytale games miniatures did with boss characters

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I advocated that approach too of using a complete world as stretch goals. I also would have liked 3D terrain being a stretch goal as some Kickstarters use it as a way to pretty-up games; but I understand why some people wouldn't value it. Offering male/female models was a good compromise in my opinion because I personally know gamers who value having a choice. I wish I had more information on the heroes as I might have bought two of them if I knew what the SKUs would look like.

The only explanation I could come up with for why things were setup the way they were was that it created urgency on the part of pledgers to spend more - preferably in the Kickstarter for Flying Frog - but it also primes the pump for future retail sales as people seek these things out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.