Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing a match yesterday and a few odd things came up.
1) Can you fly out of a dome?
2) Can you use free actions in a dome?
3) If characters and cards contradict, which card wins? I'm mostly asking because Ophilia's rules state she can only carry two cards, but a backpack would give her no carry limit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing in the rules state flying or free actions aren't usable in domes. The only rules affecting domes are the LOS in and out rules and in moving that you most move out on your turn and cannot enter a dome.

I'd say with a backpack, that overrides Ophilia's limit. One of the two cards is the backpack which states she can hold more cards. Otherwise, the backpack would be useless as other characters have the implicit "Can only carry four cards" rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Murrell
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct on all accounts, Richard. Cards generally override or add to character special abilities, especially in this case, where Ophelia's special is merely a stricter limitation on a general rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lucas
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool deal. I'm not sure why I thought you couldn't do free actions or fly out of domes, and that does make sense about Ophelia having a narrower starter restriction. Thanks, guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.