Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
38 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Sushi Go!» Forums » News

Subject: Press Release: Sushi Go! Sells Out Initial Print Run, Signs Exclusive Licensing Deal with Gamewright rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Walker-Harding
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sushi Go! Sells Out Initial Print Run, Signs Exclusive Licensing Deal with Gamewright

Adventureland Games is pleased to announce that our first print run of Sushi Go! has sold out, and that we have signed an exclusive licensing deal with Gamewright. We are really excited that Sushi Go! has a new home at one of our favourite publishers!

"I'm thrilled that Sushi Go! will join our prestigious line of card games," says Jason Schneider, Gamewright's Director of Product Development and Marketing. "Just like a delectable bento box, the game has the perfect combination of elements: easy to learn rules, quick play, and equal entertainment for players of all ages. I look forward to it having a long and prosperous life under our brand."

Gamewright plans to release the new edition of Sushi Go! in Q1, 2014.

About Sushi Go!
Sushi Go! is a super-fast card game for 2-5 players. You are eating at a sushi restaurant, trying to grab the best combination of sushi dishes as they whiz by. Score points for collecting the most sushi rolls or making a full set of sashimi. Dip your favourite nigiri in wasabi to triple its value! And once you've eaten it all, finish your meal with all the pudding you've got! But be careful which sushi you allow your friends to take, it might be just what they need to beat you!

About Gamewright
Gamewright is a leading manufacturer of family games based in Newton, Massachusetts. Among the company’s roster are such household hits as Slamwich, Rat-a-Tat Cat, Sleeping Queens, Forbidden Island, Rory’s Story Cubes and the Scrambled States of America™ Game. Gamewright prides itself on making games that foster laughter, learning, friendship and fun. Kids, parents, grandparents, and educators all agree that Gamewright makes some of the best games on the planet. For more information, please visit www.gamewright.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr T.
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome and I agree that Gamewright is a great fit for the game.

Played another game this week and still really enjoying it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Coffin
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland and Labrador
flag msg tools
I like trains.
badge
Nikola Tesla, Rockstar Scientist
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to hear this excellent game is getting a reprint and the distribution it deserves!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vanilla Ice
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Congratulations! Sushi Go deserves mass-distribution. Non-gamers I have introduced it have been immediately drawn to it. This includes a 5 year old, 14 year olds (who were yelling at each other the whole game) and adults. It also has not grown stale with me upon repeated plays -- there are enough decisions to keep it interesting. Great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Congratulations! This is so cool...we love your games.

Still haven't been able to get a copy of Sushi Go! for some bizarre reason (the universe has conspired against us playing it), but we also love the fine folks at Gamewright and this should make it much easier for us to finally get a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
That's a Palm Pilot on the left, and a pink iPod mini on the right. Yes, I've been doing BGTG that long!
badge
http://www.WargamesToGo.com
mbmbmb
Fantastic! I just heard this news and agree that Sushi Go and Gamewright are a match made in heaven.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamewright rocks. Quality stuff and excellent folks. I still recall playing Sleeping Queens with my youngest and the artwork was lovely. Wish I'd kept my copy. Can't wait to buy this when it becomes available again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Lemay
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Does Gamewright have the rights for every country / language or just English?

C

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
I emailed Gamewright to find out if there was an update on this and I got a response that said late spring-mid 2014 date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
SuperGLS wrote:
I emailed Gamewright to find out if there was an update on this and I got a response that said late spring-mid 2014 date.

But I want it NOW!

Thanks for checking in with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

Excellent news.

Will the rules and the artwork remain exactly the same?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sturk
United States
Hudson
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Highland Cow wrote:

Excellent news.

Will the rules and the artwork remain exactly the same?

According to this blog post New Game Round-up: Gamewright — Dice for Counting, Dice for Dodging, Dice for Storytelling & a Super Sushi Sandwich Slam

same rules, updated artwork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
telengard wrote:

Thanks for the link. Here's one image of the updated artwork.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Ocampo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
Man, I was really trying to hunt down the original printing. This artwork is nice too but there was something really appealing about the first run's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr T.
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to admit I'm happy with my blue box version and the original artwork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Watkins
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Highland Cow wrote:
telengard wrote:

Does anyone know why the graphic design was changed? Everyone I've played the blue box version with has really liked the artwork...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Altmeier
Australia
West Wodonga
Victoria
flag msg tools
Hmmm...not quite sure about the new artwork. It doesn't look as inviting to me as the good ol' blue box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
That's a Palm Pilot on the left, and a pink iPod mini on the right. Yes, I've been doing BGTG that long!
badge
http://www.WargamesToGo.com
mbmbmb
The original artwork is cartoony-cute, and so is the new artwork, as we can see. I bet folks will be very happy with Gamewright's edition. That company does great work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Odd_Bloke wrote:
Highland Cow wrote:
telengard wrote:

Does anyone know why the graphic design was changed? Everyone I've played the blue box version with has really liked the artwork...

I'm no expert, but my guess would have something to do with ownership. Gamewright bought the rights to the game, not the artwork. Rather than have to pay that extra cost, they just develop their own artwork in-house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brenton t vallade
United States
wyandotte
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Highland Cow wrote:
telengard wrote:

Just when I thought the art work couldnt get any more damn cute, I saw this box cover. I showed it to my wife and she told me to buy another copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris lee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want. Looking forward to the release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
It has its own page on the Gamewright site now.

http://www.gamewright.com/gamewright/index.php?section=games...

Sadly, the "Buy Online" button just sends you into an endless loop back to the game page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

Box rear artwork.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Coffin
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland and Labrador
flag msg tools
I like trains.
badge
Nikola Tesla, Rockstar Scientist
mbmbmbmbmb
The shape of the box art suggests that this version will come in a tin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
craigcoffin wrote:
The shape of the box art suggests that this version will come in a tin.

That's what I was thinking too, which is great news. We can stack it up with Dweebies and GUBS: A Game of Wit and Luck, which are some of my 7-year-old's favorites. She also loves Rise of Augustus, but that one's too big to fit in the same stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.