5 Posts

Dark Darker Darkest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Entrapment & item questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonte Rydberg
msg tools
mb
1. If I am doing a search with Leo, using his first actionpoint (of 4), in a room with another survivor, I will roll 2 dice (+ terror dice), with my usual luck I normally roll double non-success icons and the creature react symbol on the terror dice (I dont have my copy in front of me so might miss-remember some gameterms). This will immediately cause an adjacent zombiehorde to move into my tile and immediately resolve an attack. Following my lucky streak this turns out to cause Leo to get Entrapped. So my question is, will he then lose his 3 remaining actionpoints or is the limit to 1 actionpoint only for players that start their turn Entrapped?

2. If I use a 1X item, it is lost, so I guess the code-symbol is lost forever also then? So sometimes I guess it is better to never use the item (flashbang for example) to still have the code-symbol available to unlock doors?

3. Does it cost any AP to use an 1X item? (Flashbang/anti-dote/medkit)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Meyer
Switzerland
Luzern
Schweiz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Good question.. I don't know for sure. I would play like this: After he is entrapped, he has only one AP left...and can try to escape.

2. Yes... or you find something else with the same code-Symbol

3. No, only items with this Symbol
cost AP (Dynamite, Grenades, etc.).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gertieter Dycker
Belgium
Duffel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, he will lose his remaining 3 actionpoints immediately

2.Yes, you lose the card and the symbol

3. Using a card doesn't cost an AP.

This is how I understand the rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonte1977 wrote:
1. If I am doing a search with Leo, using his first actionpoint (of 4), in a room with another survivor, I will roll 2 dice (+ terror dice), with my usual luck I normally roll double non-success icons and the creature react symbol on the terror dice (I dont have my copy in front of me so might miss-remember some gameterms). This will immediately cause an adjacent zombiehorde to move into my tile and immediately resolve an attack. Following my lucky streak this turns out to cause Leo to get Entrapped. So my question is, will he then lose his 3 remaining actionpoints or is the limit to 1 actionpoint only for players that start their turn Entrapped?

2. If I use a 1X item, it is lost, so I guess the code-symbol is lost forever also then? So sometimes I guess it is better to never use the item (flashbang for example) to still have the code-symbol available to unlock doors?

3. Does it cost any AP to use an 1X item? (Flashbang/anti-dote/medkit)?

1) Interesting question Jonte.
As entrapment immediately take effect, the AP modification also takes immediate effect. So Leo will immediately be affected with having only 1AP available for the remaining of the turn, ragardless if he already spend one before getting entrapped, which has no connection to the entrapment.

2) This is part of the dillema of the item management: will I use the 1X use item, or will I keep it so I can potentially use it to unlock an area in the house.

3) The items that use AP (weapons) are marked with a hand symbol and a "1" inside, for easy reference. Michael Meyer posted a visual example of the symbol on this page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonte Rydberg
msg tools
mb
Thanks for the quick replies! :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.