Subject: I decided to give this love rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Peter

Worcester
Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmb
I've been pretty confident in the genre and gameplay of this game since the beginning, but I fear that the Kickstarter just isn't enough to get people aware of the game.

So I'm trying to do my part with a new thread here. There are nine days left and I suspect we can hit the $7500 level, but it would be great if we can get a couple levels beyond that with the final push.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Boy, I loved the original V&V when I was a teenager. My issue here is more about the Kickstarter...

a) Not a fan of paying $60 unless the extras just keep piling in and here the extras are just cards. Doesn't feel right on my "value meter" - base game plus a 2 deck expansion for $60. I only do Kickstarters when I feel I'm getting a bargain and here I don't get that feeling.

b) The list of unlocks is nothing but pictures? It's not clear at a glance what we're unlocking. Just seems like a picture is worth a thousand words, but those photos don't tell me anything.

I've got it starred, but unless something changes I just won't be getting in.

Matt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Peter

Worcester
Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmb
I can't deny that the KS is being handled poorly, and several people telling the designer this haven't seemed to change anything. If the project were not already funded, I wouldn't have bothered. But since there is a money-back guarantee on the game, I decided to give it a go.

I agree with you that the value is not awesome, though I don't think it's wholly off. The $60 level is about 400 cards, a board, and all the cardboard markers. About 40 of the cards are KS exclusive.

The descriptions of all the stretch goals are in the comments (where admittedly they don't belong). The pictures for the goals are exactly how much is unlocked: in most cases, a few cards.

As I said, I'm taking a chance on this because the rules look fun, I love, love, love superheroes, and it has a money back guarantee. Thus my hope to persuade a few others to join on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goddammit! Quality and on time delivery are not mutually exclusive!
United States
Shelby Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping that a few more unlocks will increase the number of cards.

For a similiar price I got 550 cards in Legendary, so hopefully we will see equitable value.

I pray that Ben and Game Salute will do something to get a big push going - I would like to see this succeed BIG!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Peter

Worcester
Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmb
The big push we all wanted never happened...but we still have 26 hours to try to unlock one or two more things! C'mon: I have been super-harsh about the why this KS has been handled, but it has never been because I thought the game looked bad. The rules look fun, the genre is awesome, the property is worthy of support. Let's give this campaign a fine send-off!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.