Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Edwards
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm watching through the Doctor Who reboot for the first time, and I was wondering if I could play this game without huge spoilers for the show. I'm currently about 2/3 of the way through Series 4 (just watched s4e11, "Midnight", last night). I see that this game was published in 2009, which is further along in the series than I am, but I wasn't sure if it would be simply based in the Whoniverse, or if it would actually be going through some of the Doctor's adventures. Would I be ok to play now, or would it be better to catch up a bit more in the show before playing this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Loftus
United States
Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would catch up, you won't spoil the what happens, but you will spoil characters and monsters and places. Just my .02

I am the kind of person waiting to finish season 7 before watching the 50th special and am the guy looking online for what order to play/watch things in. (FYI)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Franco
United States
Maplewood
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
If you could touch the alien sand and hear the cries of strange birds and watch them wheel in another sky, would that satisfy you?
mbmbmbmbmb
If you play the base game, with no expansion booklets, you should be fine. The core sets deal primarily with the first four series of new Who.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not going to spoil any plot points, since the enemies and plots you encounter are divorced from individual episodes of the show. You will be familiar with certain enemies and friendly characters when they pop up in the show, but it shouldn't spoil anything. I think I played the game seven or eight times before ever watching a single episode of Doctor Who, and I managed to enjoy the show immensely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
mbmbmbmbmb
kurthl33t wrote:
It's not going to spoil any plot points, since the enemies and plots you encounter are divorced from individual episodes of the show. You will be familiar with certain enemies and friendly characters when they pop up in the show, but it shouldn't spoil anything. I think I played the game seven or eight times before ever watching a single episode of Doctor Who, and I managed to enjoy the show immensely.

This was my experience. I came to the show after playing the game quite a few times. I didn't feel spoiled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.