Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Royal Palace» Forums » Rules

Subject: Privelage Cards: Paying and Scoring the Cost & 2 Seals Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Can the 'Any Time' Privilege Cards be paid for and utilised during the scoring phase, or must they only be paid for during a game round?

2. The 2 Seals Card. Must the 1/1 be used on a single purchase, or can it be split over two separate noble purchases?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
Avatar
mbmbmb
The "Any Time" cards mean that you can play them at any time during your turn. So they are not associated to any of the actions. At game-end, it's nobody's turn and if you have any of these in your hand you are not allowed to play them anymore.

I'm not sure about the second one, but I would say you play them as you hire a noble. SO you get to use two seals with that card to hire one noble, however, I might be wrong about this one.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
I agree with Pedro on the first card.

But for the second, I think you can use the 2 seals for 2 different nobles if you want. It says you use it in the "4th action" which is recruiting nobles, and it seems to me that it's one action however many nobles you recruit.

The effect of the card is that you have "an additional 2 seals available". I don't see any reason to restrict them to being spent on a single noble.

But I could be wrong too! meeple
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
Avatar
mbmbmb
Makes sense... I would go for Mark's. I will change to that. It says that you have to play the card during action 4 and that you have 2 more seals available.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Nice little game. £1 thrift store find, unpunched
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
zombiegod wrote:
Thanks. Nice little game. £1 thrift store find, unpunched

You lucky sod! Mind you, I only paid £8 for it in The Works, so i can't really complain...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
xipuloxx wrote:

But for the second, I think you can use the 2 seals for 2 different nobles if you want. It says you use it in the "4th action" which is recruiting nobles, and it seems to me that it's one action however many nobles you recruit.

The effect of the card is that you have "an additional 2 seals available". I don't see any reason to restrict them to being spent on a single noble.

But I could be wrong too! meeple



Here's the official answer from the designer:

Quote:
You can split the seals over two separate nobles (but you may not keep the card for the next turn if you don't use both seals).
3 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pedrator wrote:
The "Any Time" cards mean that you can play them at any time during your turn. So they are not associated to any of the actions. At game-end, it's nobody's turn and if you have any of these in your hand you are not allowed to play them anymore.


I believe you can still score points for the unused ones though (up to a value of 6).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
Avatar
mbmbmb
Yes, but not for playing them, instead I think it was that you would score 1 point for each unplayed card, was it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pedrator wrote:
Yes, but not for playing them, instead I think it was that you would score 1 point for each unplayed card, was it?


Yep, up to a maximum of 6 cards/points.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.