Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Our last two games we kept running out of upgrade tokens for combat and spirit and we were only playing with two characters. Do you guys ever have this problem? Wonder what an easy solution may be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never had that happen and I/we usually play with three heroes. If the skill bonus is a card, we usually place the card by the character instead of a token. Are you training that often?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
You only use them when you don't have a card. No way you can be running out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ROBERTO M
Mexico
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same problem. In this thread there are some answers. Sumarizing, use proxies.

Running out of combat markers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Skeletor wrote:
You only use them when you don't have a card. No way you can be running out.

You do realize you can level up spirit at the church right? Sorry you're wrong, it's very easy to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MoonSylver
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
True, you can train up Spirit & Cunning at the Church & Magistrate, but you can only do it once per turn, it costs 2 Investigation each attempt AND you have to pass a relevant skill check.

Between the limitations of time & Investigation, I've never acquired enough of either to run out of tokens...

Like the others said, make sure you're only using them for "one time" boosts (like from Event cards) where there is no card that stays in play. Items & such have their own "+" printed on them, & thus don't require a token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are aware about the limitations of training as well as not using them for item cards that show the stat on them. Regardless it is possible to run out. I may see if I can get some more from FFP or perhaps order a set of these:

Blue = spirit
Green = cunning
Red = combat
Yellow = Honor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thomas, who makes those dials?

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hudarklord wrote:
Thomas, who makes those dials?

Lee

Litko

http://www.litko.net/search.php?search_query=Dials&x=0&y=0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
M00NSYLVER wrote:
True, you can train up Spirit & Cunning at the Church & Magistrate, but you can only do it once per turn, it costs 2 Investigation each attempt AND you have to pass a relevant skill check.

Between the limitations of time & Investigation, I've never acquired enough of either to run out of tokens...

Like the others said, make sure you're only using them for "one time" boosts (like from Event cards) where there is no card that stays in play. Items & such have their own "+" printed on them, & thus don't require a token.

Not sure if you have the coast but I forgot we were playing against the Sunken Seven and that boss puts out haunting markers all over the board and one or two of them gives you multiple honor and combat bonuses when defeated and we kept leveling up this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MoonSylver
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
M00NSYLVER wrote:

Not sure if you have the coast but I forgot we were playing against the Sunken Seven and that boss puts out haunting markers all over the board and one or two of them gives you multiple honor and combat bonuses when defeated and we kept leveling up this way.

Ah. The Hooded Man, & The Matriarch of Silence, who give +2 Combat & +2 Honor respectively when defeated. I've tangled with them a couple of times, but not enough to the point to run out of tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm ording those litko dials since I will use the blue/red ones for Elder sign and possibly a few other games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.