Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a discussion about Sweeps this weekend. It seems like Sweeps go like this (Method 1):

Mark spaces A, B, and C.
Pay (if applicable) for the three spaces.
Move into (if applicable) space A, B, and/or C.
Activate guerrillas in space A, B, and C.

The other way to do it is this (Method 2):

Mark space A
Pay for space A
Move into space A
Activate guerrillas in space A

Repeat for B and C.

I looked at the sweep example on page 19 of the Playbook and it seemed like they were using method 2. Which is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
What's so great about it?
mbmbmbmbmb
drmark64 wrote:
We had a discussion about Sweeps this weekend. It seems like Sweeps go like this (Method 1):

Mark spaces A, B, and C.
Pay (if applicable) for the three spaces.
Move into (if applicable) space A, B, and/or C.
Activate guerrillas in space A, B, and C.

The other way to do it is this (Method 2):

Mark space A
Pay for space A
Move into space A
Activate guerrillas in space A

Repeat for B and C.

I looked at the sweep example on page 19 of the Playbook and it seemed like they were using method 2. Which is correct?

I'd think you resolve them all individually.

Is there a situation where this would matter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose the same cube could sweep multiple times resolving them all individually. I don't know if this is allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gringer
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drmark64 wrote:
I suppose the same cube could sweep multiple times resolving them all individually. I don't know if this is allowed.

I'd never thought of daisy-chaining sweeps together, but I would think not. Looking at the rules, I note 3.2.3 has you "select provinces or Kabul as destinations," in the plural, so you do have to lay it all out from the get go, so no, you can string cubes from one to the other to the other.

Further on 3.1, second paragraph it says that you designate the "friendly pieces to be placed..." as part of an operation.

So the rules aren't 100% explicit about refusing this option, but in the spirit, I would say that you need to designate who goes where on the front end, and I would infer that there is only a single possible destination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! Method 1 is correct.

Quote:
PROCEDURE: First, move any of your Faction’s adjacent Troops desired into selected spaces. ... Then, in each selected space, Activate ...

Note by the way that you could get double Sweep duty out of Troops if you used Air Lift or Transport during the Activation step, in between resolving one space and another.

Regards, Volko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.