7 Posts

Stone Age» Forums » Variants

Subject: Unique attributes for each player rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmb
I was thinking of the computer game civilization and how each civ has unique advantages.

Each player could have a similar thing that they choose at the start of the game, unique to them.

Some advantages:

Expert hunter - When hunting for food, an extra die is always added to the roll.

Compacter - This player can always add one man more than is normally allowed on the resource gathering areas. For him, there are up to 8 spaces instead of 7. eg: If 5 spaces have been taken for wood, he can add up to 3 more.

Asexual - Only need one meeple on a love hut to produce offspring.

Robotoid - One meeple is a robot and does not require food.

Victorious Solider - The player automatically gets a VP at the end of every turn.

Spoils of War - Whenever another player renegs on paying for a civ card or hut that they claimed, this player gets the number of VPs equivalent to the number of resources that would have been needed to buy them.

Thief of Catan - Whenever exactly two dice are thrown on a roll, if the dice add up to 7, the thief can steal a resource of his choice from the player that did the roll, AFTER the player has received any entitled resources from the roll.

Food Feast - For this player, he gets +1 VP for each extra food at the end of the game.

Can anyone think of others?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MS-06 Zaku II
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting idea...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rusty Gamer wrote:

Spoils of War - Whenever another player renegs on paying for a civ card or hut that they claimed, this player gets the number of VPs equivalent to the number of resources that would have been needed to buy them.

Just from thinking about it, I would think this guy may be too powerful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LudoH LudoH
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds nice, however, the balancing might be not easy to find: how much bonus would you allocate? some seem to be the equivalent of one meeple bonus, some seem slightly weaker

A few simple additional ideas

technological: starts with 2 tools

farmer: starts with 2 levels (or 1) at agriculture (similar to your robotoid in fact)

card hunter: the player has a "one resource discount" on the two last card spots (2 and 3 resources instead of 3 and 4)

then you need to draw randomly the bonus of each player!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Veillet
Canada
Boucherville
Qu├ębec, Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LudoH wrote:
Sounds nice, however, the balancing might be not easy to find: how much bonus would you allocate? some seem to be the equivalent of one meeple bonus, some seem slightly weaker

A few simple additional ideas

Technological: starts with 1 tools

Farmer: starts with 1 levels at agriculture (similar to your robotoid in fact)

Card hunter: the player has a "one resource discount" on the two last card spots (2 and 3 resources instead of 3 and 4)

then you need to draw randomly the bonus of each player!

The woodcutter Start with 2 woods

The claymaker start with 2 clays

The stone collector start with 1 stone

the prospector start with 1 Gold

The hut builder can use 1 ressource of a lower value on the construction of a building once a round

Those are quite simple and I can live with this... Not so loose on the aliens robotics... But I like the farmer.

But I do like these two idea:

The hunter - When hunting for food, an extra die is always added to the roll.

Food Feast - For this player, he gets +1 VP for each extra food at the end of the game.

Edit: Actually Thinking about it, I would add to the hunter... With a minimum of 3 man hunting, add 1 die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Brown
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
I think your ideas are interesting but I suspect they would require a lot of play testing to get them balanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Drazen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about make these items cards that get chosen at the beginning of a round, possibly in reverse turn order? The effects would last only one turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.