Subject: Game Length rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
Catalunya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My gaming group and I tend to extend the length of any game (that stated in the BGG card or game box) by a 30% - sometimes 50%- or so.
According to BGG, Giants plays in 60 minutes, so we would expect to play it in 75-90 minutes.

But the reality is far different.
We've played 7 times:
- 1 x 3-players: that was the shorter of all them: 90 minutes
- 5 x 4-players: 120-150* minutes
- 1 x 5-players: 130 minutes

*The last 4-player game we played, lasted 180 minutes!!. In every bid (except the first one), we got several 0 in the dice, so only 1 or 2 moais were available to sculpt, what clearly slowed it down. That as well was also one of the most funny games we played, so it did not become boring despite its length.

With that, I just want to say that we really enjoy the game, but we never come to play in less than 2 hours.
There are many decisions (do I use the tribal now or save for later? do I broke the Rongos with the Chief or save them for the bid? do I take the size-1 moai and take him far with a hat, or do I have time to move the size-3 moai far enough?...) that take some time to consider... and I can't see us playing it even in 90 minutes.

What about you? Do you spend the stated 60 minutes? 60-120? over 120?
Poll
What's Giants playing time in your group (average)?
60 minutes or less
60 to 90 minutes
90 to 120 minutes
Over 120 minutes
      18 answers
Poll created by Dharzen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
Catalunya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for voting
Although 13 votes is not very representative, it seems that almost 70% of the people's playing time exceeds the 90 minutes. And almost a third of the people voting spends more than 2 hours to play it.

So ok, we are not alone laugh

PS: by the time I opened this thread, playing time on BGG Giant's sheet was 60 minutes.
Today (24 March 2015) you can read 90 minutes, which seems to be much more accurate to reality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.