17 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Flagship resource revealed! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Lepperd
msg tools
Reference Card (paraphrased)

Place the card under your ship. If the flagship card has a faction aside from independent, your ship must match that faction. The card adds abilities and stats to your ship.

The action bar adds to your ship's, however if your ship already has an action listed in the flagship action bar, it gets to use that action as a FREE ACTION every round!

If the Flagship has a bonus [Elite Talent] Slot, you may take one even if your captain doesn't have access to elite talents.

All flagship resources are 10 points.

Romulan Flagship
+1 Attack, Evade, Shields
Text: When Attacking, all other friendly romulan ships within range 1-2 of the flagship may re roll any number of attack dice once.
+[Sensor echo]
+[Elite Talent] +[Secondary Weapon]

Klingon Flagship
+1 Attack, Evade, Hull
Text: When attacking, all other friendly Klingon ships within range 1-2 of the flagship may convert a blank result to a [hit] result.
+[Cloak]
+[Crew] +[Tech]

Dominion Flagship
+1 Evade, Hull, Shields
Text: When defending, all friendly Dominion ships within range 1-2 of your flagship may convert a blank result to an [evade] result.
+[Scan]
+[Tech] +[Secondary Weapon]

Federation Flagship
+1 Attack, Hull, Shields
Text: When defending, all other friendly federation ships within range 1-2 of your Flagship may choose any number of defense dice and re-roll them once.
+[Battle Stations]
+[Elite Talent] +[Crew]

Independent Flagship 1
+1 Attack, Hull, Shields
Text: After your Flagship moves, you may target 1 friendly ship at rage 1, which may perform a 2nd action listed on its action bar as a free action.
+[Evade]
+[Crew] +[Tech]

Independent Flagship 2
+1 Evade, Hull, Shields
Text: After your Flagship Moves, you may target 1 other friendly ship at range 1, that ship can perform a free white or green maneuver.
+[Target Lock]
+[Elite Talent] +[Secondary Weapon]

Independent Flagship 3
+1 Attack, Evade, Hull
Text: All other friendly ships at range 1 gain +1 attack die when attacking at range 2-3
+[Scan]
+[Elite Talent] +[Tech]

Independent Flagship 4
+1 Attack, Evade, Shields
Text When defending, all other friendly ships within range 1 of your flagship gain +1 defense die.
+[Battle Stations]
+[Secondary Weapon] +[Crew]

Source:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh6VYaXHy58
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin OConnor
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
What is your favorite color?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing.

HOLY cow. Some of those abilities are AWESOME !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Landy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, these are pretty awesome. Not too powerful, but can make your main ship that much stronger. Well done Andrew and company!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Benhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Already posted here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1077964/flagship-cards-revea...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Powell
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mb
This is going to be nasty. 10 points seems a lot up front, but a functional ability, three +1 stat upgrades, and in some cases access to non-native actions? If I tried to rig up these bonuses with the current upgrades as close as I possibly could, I'd probably be paying twice that, and have a whole lot of caveats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Silbernagel
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Very nice looking; allows plenty more options. I'm a little disappointed that the Klingon flagship adds yet another attack die to the ship. I think they're already loaded for bear and really didn't need that. However that wouldn't stop me from using it myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like how this encourages pure faction builds at least shipwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan kipps-bolton
United Kingdom
watford
hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
is this classed as a resource?

It doesnt mention so in the text although it does say you may select one of these, so im guessing i cant have 2 flagships

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance Release: February 2018
mbmbmbmbmb
jiffk wrote:
is this classed as a resource?

It doesnt mention so in the text although it does say you may select one of these, so im guessing i cant have 2 flagships

Correct.The Flagship is a Resource, so you can only have 1, can't combine with EAD, Command Tokens, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kelly
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When they give them out this month, does each person get 1 of each Flagship card, or do you basically get 1 random one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Benhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drscottkelly wrote:
When they give them out this month, does each person get 1 of each Flagship card, or do you basically get 1 random one?

I'd hope everyone gets the full set of 4, one from each faction. Anything else would be sub-optimal. And mean I have to hunt down every store so I get a full set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan kipps-bolton
United Kingdom
watford
hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you should get the full set, in the same way you get 1 of each of the coloured bases rather than just 1 random one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Durand
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jiffk wrote:
you should get the full set, in the same way you get 1 of each of the coloured bases rather than just 1 random one

One of the stores near me gave you one of each base color, while the other two let you pick a color and you got all four the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Whaley
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ours did the bases by faction give out.
I like having 4 Romulan green bases

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine just let us pick four of any color. Most people went four of the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Santana
msg tools
Quick question: the Federation Flag ship give you an extra slot for crew and talent, do you have to pay for those extra?

Example:
Flagship: 10sp
Spock: 5sp
cheat death: 5sp

Total: 20sp

or is it

Spock: Free
Cheat Death: free

??? I am dreaming or confused ???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lepperd
msg tools
Bloodheart98 wrote:
Quick question: the Federation Flag ship give you an extra slot for crew and talent, do you have to pay for those extra?

Example:
Spock: 5sp
cheat death: 5sp

Total: 20sp

or is it

Spock: Free
Cheat Death: free

??? I am dreaming or confused ???

The first one.

You just treat it as if it's adding the slots to the ship's upgrade bar-- you still have to pay to add the upgrades as normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.