Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lane Taylor
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that I have a delivery date for the last two expansions, I'm curious what some of you have done in terms of storage?
Does anyone have a good storage method for the components you use that makes it faster to set up the game.

Right now, I just have a bunch of ziplocs, but I'm thinking 1) I need to label them so players can put them back after the game and/or 2) find good storage box with separated spaces to store the game components.

Ideas?
Post 'em up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sébastien A
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott Boor
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

created an absolutely stunning custom case. It'll take some effort to replicate, but it's definitely worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikola Adamus
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm working on a special box for some cards - you have to just open it and everything is ready. I'll try to provide photos when I finished it. I'm also trying to make box for all cards.

As far as the ships and other stuff is concerned - ziplocs are quiet good solution. I think the best for all BSG contents is some kind of custom wooden box [maybe cardboard].

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have removed the obsolete stuff and put them into the empty Pegasus expansion box. (Also the ally tokens are put away, if we use allies, we just use the old basestar damage token to mark the locations that allies are in.) Everything else is in the base game box. Skill cards and crisis cards are in custom cardboard boxes. Other cards are in ziplock bags with legends written onto them so you know which decks go together into each bag.

Also, non-CFB stuff is separated in a single ziplock bag. The same applies to Allies and New Caprica.

Cylon ships are in a plastic box. You take just the ships you need whenever you need them.

All character tokens and stands, painted centurions, vipers and raptors, and miscellaneous are in a 'plano' box. You only need to take out the things you need at the moment. (Well, ok, almost everything except some spare stands and the unused character tokens.)

See a game in progress:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmb
I'm currently using a Plano box, but it makes everything too tall. I am going to work on a custom foamcore insert with a friend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to put all "sets" into their own bag:
They were all labeled, but as I had to replace some of them, and make additions as new sets came out, I've gotten lazy and just hoped that some of them would've been obvious by context, such as the NC crisis deck:
-cylon ships (ie. Pursuit marker, Scar, Occupation Forces)
-Colonial Fleet stuff (die, nukes, Mark VII vipers, Peggy and Gally damage tokens)
-crisis deck
-Qcard deck + all title cards
-cardboard character stands + piloting tokens
-plastic stands
-character sheets
-2 smaller bags for skill cards, including Treachery
-Loyalty deck (including PG, FF, and exp cylon cards)
-misc. bag for old ICs and Sympathetic Cylon Sympathizer

-Destination deck + objectives (Kobol, NC, IN, Earth)
-NC crisis deck
-Peg Infiltration + Agendas

-Ally tokens
-Ally cards + Crossroad cards

Now that many of my games have been base game + Day, I need to re-sort stuff so that Day and base are integrated, but Peg and Exo can be added quickly and easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just have all the loose bits in ziplocs in the base-game box - cards are sleeved and stacked with elastic bands around them (stacks half the size of the crisis deck fit nicely in the box). Character pieces are sorted by class, one bag has stands, miracle tokens, die, and current player token (which we don't use). Cylon ships, basestar damage and pursuit marker are in one bag; human ships, FTL marker and battlestar damage in another.

It takes longer to remind everyone of the rules and pick characters than it does to sort the bits out anyway...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allison Macrae
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

All three expansions, sleeved, in one box. Decks are stacked together based on total hight to fit, character tokens turned sideways in one corner, skill cards on their side, and all tokens in separate bags on top of the character cards. It's tight, but it works. I cut up the cardboard insert that came with the expansions to make the dividers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuckhazard
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
I'm FREEeeee..ee..e..e...
mbmbmbmbmb
I built a box to store a friends copy, detailed here:

Custom Battlestar storage box for all expansions.

It's pretty labor intensive - none of the wood sizes are standard, and had to be planed down to thickness, however it was designed to hold all the expansions, possibly with room for one more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.