Popular Tags: [View All]
Salim Khoury
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
Give Grace, Always.
badge
Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm considering pimping the crew, guns, barrels, & trade goods.

The only supplier I'm aware of is meeplesource.com but the only thing they have are minimeeples which only provides a replacement for the crew cubes.

Any ideas on sourcing the rest?

Guns: Never seen anything to compare...

Barrels: I think the barrels are actually too large and cheesy, I'd prefer the barrel style used in Vinhos

Trade Goods: I'd love to have the wooden bag shapes (matching color of course) used in Goa

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Like this?

Read the comments on the image to see where I got those. I bet spielmaterial.de will have some barrels as well...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salim Khoury
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
Give Grace, Always.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:

Like this?

Read the comments on the image to see where I got those. I bet spielmaterial.de will have some barrels as well...

Ummm, yeah!!!! Great minds...

Thanks Mathue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hawes
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
My prototype barrels came from Spielmaterial.de They were very similar to the production ones but a deeper brown and a grain texture look about them.

I must say these guns, crew and trade goods look great and would feel fantastic playing with such a set. Good research.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
egamar wrote:
These are sadly perhaps a little big, but I might pop one in to my next order. altho' at Euro 2 per set, it'd be a bit pricey for a full complement, and I'd have a lot of unnecessary dice!

http://www.spielematerial.de/en/set-spielsteine-abenteuer.ht...

It does, however, mean that SOMEONE has made these little cannon in large quantities, so they ARE out there!

Yeah, I tried to find some good wood meeples, but after weeks of searching, I couldn't find anything that was affordable and the right size, feel, etc.

Here are a few threads on discussion of pimping the game:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1047101/pimp-my-game
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1050102/what-size-meeple...
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1057681/just-need-someth...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ottevaere Wouter
Belgium
Vosselaar
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been looking too for some meeples: I found the grey crew and the purple bags at Spiel in Essen. But the guns... indeed: the plastic Risk version is very costly to get them over here in Belgium...

And the set of the gun (with the dice and brown bag) is way to big. Look at the dimension on the website: "game piece canon 30x25x8mm, black". A cannon of 3cm in length, with a crew meeple of 1,50mm (maybe 2cm) makes it a dwarf-pirate handling a megagun - something like this one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salim Khoury
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
Give Grace, Always.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Update: I've ordered the crew, guns, & goods imitating Mathue. Still seeking barrels, I've emailed What's Your Game? Hoping they'll share their source or sell me some.

Thanks everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thought I'd share my final upgrades following in Mathue's footsteps.

I replaced the clear and yellow glass stones with 18mm plastic Dabloons that easily fit throught the slots on the Treasure Chests.

I switched the grey wooden cubes with small wooden men meeples that are still small enough they fit on the player boards.

Then I replaced the purple wooden cubes with wooden bindles that look like bags of goods. The black wooden cubes were the most difficult to replace. Several geeks had extra parts from Risk lying around so they painted those cannons black. But I was not so lucky. So I created my own using small black discs and printing labels with an image of a cannon. The discs are nice because they can stack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas P. Felder
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really cool. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik von Bothmer
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bumping this thread but I guess you've seen this https://www.meeplesource.com/proddetail.php?prod=FrancisDrak...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.