Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex WolfandDragon
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello everyone.

Let me start by asking your two favors in advance:
1) Please help me by looking out for any possible mistakes and point them out if you see any
2) Please always stick to the format specified below for all PMs. Yes, for you it might be easier to simply hit "reply" or "forward" every time you want to send me something, but for me it is terrible to sort out the PMs.

I am not a native english speaker, therefore the situation might arise that due to awkward sentence structure or whatever you are not sure what I try to say. In this case, just say so and ask

Finally, nobody does anything without personal gain. My gain by moderating this game is the fun of watching strategies evolving. I do neither require nor expect you to do the following, but it would be greatly appreciated (and addionally strongly enhance my fun) if you would send a few words concerning your expectations and plannings along with your orders, bids and cards.

Enough of the prelude, back to the topic. The following rules are generally stolen from
Jayson C
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and his #42 and reworked a bit. Big thanks for him. All differences to "the usual way" will be marked in bold.

This is going to be a 6-player game with no Ravens. There will be no Tides of Battle cards. The Houses will be assigned randomly and can be traded before the first round officially starts.

GUIDELINES

I. The Basics
-1. Use common sense.
0. Really use common sense! No, you really do not need a mod to resolve anything that does not involve a hidden feature (e.g. bidding). Do not wait for me to tell you to make your move, just have a look at the turn order and resolve your action when it is your turn on your own. On the other hand though, I will nevertheless post whose turn it is when posting an updated map.
1. Normal text for discussions.
2. Politics and Roleplaying are highly encouraged. ITALICIZE all of them.
3. Bold for in-game moves and actions.
4. If possible, don't edit game related stuff (actions, politics), but if you must, highlight that you edited that particular text by leaving the old text striked through. This is to clear up confusion. Someone may read your original post only once, then when you change it, he may not notice what's wrong later.
5. To make things easier, we will address each other by our House names. You may address me as moderator or just as mod.
6. All players will use banners when posting. Place them at the beginning of every post. To make them appear, type in [imageid=XXXXXXXmedium] where XXXXXXX are the following numbers:
--- 1152906 - Stark

--- 1152903 - Greyjoy

--- 1152904 - Lannister

--- 1152902 - Baratheon

--- 1152907 - Tyrell

--- 1152905 - Martell

And i will use this banner for moderatorial text:

For this banners we should give credits for
Pavel Kornilov
Russia
Syktyvkar
flag msg tools
badge
mb

II. What We Play
1. We'll be using the 2nd edition rules and board with the exceptions mentioned in point IV. If a question is not answered in the rulebook, we will use Official Responses from FFG. If that still doesn't answer the question, I will make the call.
2. The map we will use is created by
Kelly Fischer
United States
Ellendale
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
The truth is always in the last place you look
mbmbmbmbmb
who also deserved our thanks. I plan to use the standard (non-political) map, but you have a time to change my mind (read: If at least 4 players prefer the political map, we will use that one). You can see both maps in the thread Updated PBF map (GIMP) for AGoT 2nd edition.
3. Tides of Battle will not be used.
4. Ravens to other players (PMs) are NOT allowed, thus forcing ALL sort of communication to be posted publicly in the thread. Lying is allowed so lie as much as you want!
5. All necessary rolls will be made via geekrolls.
6. Houses for the players also will be rolled, but you can exchange your house with another player if both of you agree.

III. How We Play
1. Let us all work together and avoid unnecessary delays. Please, check in at least once a day and [n]do not rely on notifications/subscriptions only. On the other hand, every player should not feel forced to log in multiple times a day. You can do so, but it is definitely okay if you only check (and post in, if necessary) the thread once a day. For those who check rather often: Please accept if a player posts/checks only once a day. For those who check once a day: Please be aware that other players might be waiting for you. Refrain from long and intensive diplomatic actions if it is your turn, or log in more often if you feel that this kind of diplomacy is necessary for your play in that particular situation.[/b]
2. If you can not post in time, you should notify us here or geekmail me.
3. Geekmail me your orders, bids, and house cards. All Geekmails MUST have a subject as prescribed below. Also, be sure to send an order to ALL your territories WITH units.
--- Orders:
------ AGoT PBF #133 - Round [Round #] - [House Name] - Orders
--- Bid:
------ AGoT PBF #133 - Round [Round #] - [House Name] - [IT/F/KC/W] Bid: [Bid Amount]
--- House Card:
------ AGoT PBF #133 - Round [Round #] - [House Name] - [Card Name]
--- Examples:
------ AGoT PBF #133 - Round 1 - Stark - Orders
------ AGoT PBF #133 - Round 2 - Stark - IT Bid: 5
------ AGoT PBF #133 - Round 2 - Stark - Roose Bolton
4. After sending me your orders/bid via geekmail, go to the thread and post that you have done so. This will do a lot to help the game keep moving along.
5. During Combat Phase, we will use the following steps:
--- a. The attacker calculates and posts both his and the defender's combat strength. This includes BOTH their initial strength (combat strength of participating units), order modifier (+2, +1, +0, or -1), and initial support.
--- b. Both attacker and defender then asks for support from other houses. Those who wish to support any side should declare it by posting a message in the thread. If support has been declared, the supporter recomputes and posts both parties' modified combat strength.
--- c. The attacker Geekmails me his chosen house card and informs everyone by posting that he has already sent his house card to the mod.
--- d. The defender Geekmails me his chosen house card AND posts it in the thread.
--- e. The attacker reveals his house card by posting it in the thread.
--- f. The attacker or defender may now decide if he will use his Valyrian Steel Blade token.
--- g. Anyone may now recompute and post the final combat strength of both parties. Combat resolution follows.
--- Notes:
------ Steps (b & f) are optional and may be skipped.
------ In the interest of speeding things up, the attacker may skip Step b and proceed with Step c. In this case, support from other houses can still be declared as long as the defender has not yet geekmailed me his house card (Step d). All support declared after step d will no longer count.
------ In Step g, anyone may resolve the combat without waiting for the mod.
------ Calculation example for copy and paste, modify it according to the current battle:

Battle for Moat Caitlin
[Attacker]
Initial Strength = 3 (1 KN, 1 FM)
Order = -1
Support = 0
Card = Send to mod
=========
Total = 2

[Defender]
Initial Strength = 1 (1 FM)
Order = +1
Support = 1 (1 SH)
Card = ??
=========
Total = 3

6. Feel free to take your next action if you feel it won't affect what's currently going on, but refrain from doing so in public. Although your action might not be affected by what is happening before your turn, your action might very well affect those who are before you. Therefore, please send me your OOT-actions via Geekmail and I'll process them at the appropriate time. Conditional orders are very much welcome. Should you notice before me that your turn is due, feel free to copy&paste from the geekmail.
7. On changing your mind, I will accept updates/changes to orders/bids until I have orders/bids from each person. If the last person I was waiting for already submitted their orders, then no orders can be changed. Marches, support and leaving or not leaving a PT can NOT be withdrawn/altered once they are posted in bold.
7b. Under special circumstances and/or if all players agree, marches, support declarations or leaving a PT or not CAN be changed though. If a situation qualifies for special circumstances or not is up to the judgement of the mod.

8. If you see something wrong--either that I did incorrectly or another player--let us know right away! I will do my best to correct any mistakes as fairly as possible.

IV. House rules
1. Not enough order tokens: This rule will be ignored completely in order to keep a nice pace. Should this situation arise and you notice that the players after you on the IT-track have not yet submitted their orders, it will be considered though as good gaming style to inform them which areas did not receive an order.
2. CP*-orders: I will assume by default that you want your CP* order to be resolved as your last CP-order, thus mustering later than another player with a lower ranking on the IT-track but with less CP-orders. Should you wish to forfeit this advantage, please say so explicitely either in your orders or at any point during the action phase, but before the mustering happens.
3. Dark Wings, Dark Words: It is up to voting how we will resolve the PT-collection choice. The question is basically: Shall harbors with ships grant a PT when this option is chosen or not? Should your voting result in a tie, I will act as tiebreaker. I declare in advance that my decision will be 'yes' in this case.
4. Faulty order placement: This part is shamelessly stolen from
Anton Chukhnov
Russia
Saint-Petersburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
who did a great job working out what to do in this case. I always check if your orders are legal. Nevertheless it can still happen that a faulty order slips through. Should this happen, we will proceed this way:

a) if a player has more special orders on the map than allowed, extra orders are downgraded (if possible) according to alphabetical area order.
b) extra orders left on the map after step a) are completely removed in alphabetical way
c) if after step 2 or by players mistake there are areas without orders those areas are filled, again in alphabetical orders.
Firts defence orders are placed, then raids, then support, then march and then CP.
Those rules, as I feel, are ideal to prevent abusing extra special orders by players (not by mod, though). Every wrong order set has strictly one way to be reworked into a correct order set.
Adding orders in empty areas I need to prevent abusing again - correct order set must contain orders for all avaible areas. For example, player may try to avoid placing a CP order in a raidable area or something like that.

V. Last, but not least words

Let's have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex WolfandDragon
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Appendix I - Cards info

Stolen from AGoT 2ed PBF #36.

House Cards

Westeros Cards

Westeros Deck I
3 x Supply (adjust supply)
3 x Mustering (muster units)
2 x Thrones of Blades* (Iron Throne holder chooses Mustering or Supply or none)
1 x Last Days of Summer* (nothing happens)
1 x Winter is Coming (reshuffle)
* = Wildlings increase in power

Westeros Deck II
3 x Clash of Kings (bid power tokens on influence tracks)
3 x Game of Thrones (gain power tokens)
2 x Dark Wings, Dark Words* (Messenger Raven holder chooses COK or GOT or none)
1 x Last Days of Summer* (nothing happens)
1 x Winter is Coming (reshuffle)

Westeros Deck III
3 x Wilding Attack (bid power tokens to fend off Wildling Attack)
1 x Sea of Storms* (no raid orders)
1 x Rains of Autumn* (no +1 march orders)
1 x Feast for Crows* (no consolidate power orders)
1 x Web of Lies* (no support orders)
1 x Storm of Swords* (no defence orders)
2 x Put to the Sword (Valyrian Steel holder chooses ROA or StOSw or none)

Wildings Cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex WolfandDragon
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The deadline for the invitations is over (I actually added a 12 hour grace period). The players for this game will be:

Sikslik7
Havelock Vetinari
mr18196
arm1tage
angryelf97

This makes only 5 players - yet. I already asked a sixth player to join this game who will be playing Lannister. This will be the only deviation to the randomized starting allocation of houses. Should he decide not to join, the last player spot will be open for all and all houses will be randomly distributed. If you want to apply as alternate in case #6 declines, just reply below.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Thisisnotmylastname
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Confirming that I'm in.
Thanks for modding

Edit: I'd prefer the political map, but whatever you want is fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Bara
msg tools
mbmb
I'm in as well. Hoping for a good game

Edit: Hi Sikslik, looking forward to play with my old mod. Our other game is slowly coming to an end. Very slowly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Armitage
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in position. Looking forward to start .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Richard
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to join in if you end up needing a 6th player. And thanks for modding the new games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex WolfandDragon
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Perfect. Expect a final decision within the next 28 hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex WolfandDragon
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Mixta is in as Lannister. This might seem a bit unfair since he gets his house prealigned, but there is a background behind this which I cannot reveal yet without influencing the pace of the game. Therefore, I ask you kindly to accept this part. All other houses will be rolled randomly as described in the rules.

Jeremiah, thanks a lot for your offer to jump in as #6, but the game is full now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex WolfandDragon
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Welcome, fair lords and ladies of Westeros. Once again the old king has died (it seems to be a trait inherent to that position) and it is time to find out who shall become kind instead of the king.

Let us begin rolling the houses.

Sikslik7 will play ... 1custom5{House Baratheon;House Stark;House Greyjoy;House Tyrell;House Martell} -> ( House Greyjoy) -> ( House Greyjoy)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 470775. WolfandDragon
  • 1custom5{House Baratheon;House Stark;House Greyjoy;House Tyrell;House Martell} =
  • ( House Greyjoy) =
  • ( House Greyjoy)
  • Sun Dec 1, 2013 9:21 pm
Alex WolfandDragon
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

The lord of Ankh-Morpork Havelock Vetinari will play ... 1custom4{House Baratheon;House Stark;House Tyrell;House Martell} -> ( House Tyrell) -> ( House Tyrell)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 470776. WolfandDragon
  • 1custom4{House Baratheon;House Stark;House Tyrell;House Martell} =
  • ( House Tyrell) =
  • ( House Tyrell)
  • Sun Dec 1, 2013 9:23 pm
Alex WolfandDragon
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

mr18196 will play ... 1custom3{House Baratheon;House Stark;House Martell} -> ( House Stark) -> ( House Stark)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 470777. WolfandDragon
  • 1custom3{House Baratheon;House Stark;House Martell} =
  • ( House Stark) =
  • ( House Stark)
  • Sun Dec 1, 2013 9:24 pm
Alex WolfandDragon
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

arm1tage will play ... 1custom2{House Baratheon;House Martell} -> ( House Martell) -> ( House Martell)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 470778. WolfandDragon
  • 1custom2{House Baratheon;House Martell} =
  • ( House Martell) =
  • ( House Martell)
  • Sun Dec 1, 2013 9:25 pm
Alex WolfandDragon
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

And that leaves house Baratheon for angryelf.

Wrapup of house-rolling

mr18196

Sikslik7

Mixta

angryelf

Havelock Vetinari

arm1tage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex WolfandDragon
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

You will now have 48 hours to trade houses and/or to conduct some initial diplomacy. After that 48 hours, you will be the head of that specific house for the game.

During that period, please also vote on all issues mentioned in the rules post above. The game cannot begin before you have cast your votes.

Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Thisisnotmylastname
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

To the great Lords of Westeros,

It is with great sadness that I must announce the passing of my brother, our king, King Robert Baratheon. As Robert had no trueborn children with his wife Cersei, I am his heir.

I will march my army to King's Landing, to claim what is rightfully mine. Any man who stands in my way is my enemy, although I hope you all are friends.

Lord Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name, King of the Andals and of the First Men, Protector of the Realm.

I am ok with keeping Baratheon, although if someone wants to trade, I am open to the idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Richard
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the chance, and thanks again for modding all the new games. I'm sure I'll get in somewhere soon. Have a great game all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mixta Rasq
msg tools
mbmb

Lords of Westeros,

The people of Lannisport are a quiet people of peace. We seek only the territories surrounding the Stoney Sept.

Lord Greyjoy,

It is imperative for us to create an alliance that will allow us to thrive. If we do not fight we will only become stronger together.

Good luck everyone! Looking forward to a fun game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mixta Rasq
msg tools
mbmb
1 Vote for Ships in Port DO collect Power Tokens

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Thisisnotmylastname
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Baratheon votes that ships DO get PTs from DWDW. I also vote for the political map, but I really don't care.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Armitage
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello and have a great game!

House trading

I got Martells.

That's fine with me. The only trade I would make is to change Martells with Tyrells (because I've never played Tyrells before)- so Havelock Vetinari: if You stay with Tyrells, I will stay as Prince of Dorne.

Voting:

Shall harbors with ships grant a PT? NO
Political map: neutral (but if it will be a tie, I could try something new), don't really matter for me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Bara
msg tools
mbmb
Mr 18196: I like Tyrell but would prefer Stark. So you can choose between playing tyrell and martell, since martell would switch with me as well, allowing a three player swap.
Martell: Sorry to decline but the few games I had were almost always with martell - I want to try another house

Voting:
Ships in harbours should grant tokens.
I prefer the standard map

Disclaimer: I play as a replacement in another game with sikslik7 as mod so I will have to send him messages sometimes. i promise they will contain nothing related to this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Armitage
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK - I'll take Tyrell then.

Greetings, My Lords!

I seek nothing but peaceful life, so treat this statement as proposition of non-agression pact for my neighbours. Lord Lannister, Prince of Dorne: what do You say, noble friends ?

Lord Tyrell

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Bara
msg tools
mbmb

Kings Landing, Tower of the Hand
Northmen are packing their belongings while Eddard Stark writes a few letters to various lords.

King Stannis,
I am sorry for your loss. Robert and I were not brothers by blood, nevertheless he was like a brother to me. His death is a great loss for the people of westeros. I served your brother as warden of the north and would gladly fulfill the same duty on your behalf. I hope Westeros will stay peaceful under your reign.
While I served as your brothers hand for a while I can not continue doing so in the future. The death of our king makes my people fear for war, I will have to moce north to calm them. Lets hope their fears come not true. There are dark rumors about wildlings and worse things assembling north of the wall
With best regards,
Eddard Stark, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the north

Lord Balon Greyjoy,
Please refrain from using the death of our King to start yet another rebellion. I fought you once and you lost half your children. Don't risk the life of the other two. As a sign of good will, I will send your son Theon back to Pyke. He is like a brother to my sons, this is a great chance for peace between our houses. Please do not let it go to waste.
Greetings, Eddard Stark, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the north

Dear Lord Mace Tyrell
Thanks for your help regarding me moving north. I had a bad feeling about staying in the south. If there is one thing I learned during the rebellion, than that a man has to listen to his guts to stay alive.
Greetings,
Eddard Stark, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North

Not much diplomacy yet, just roleplay to give Theon to Greyjoy and move Eddard out of deadly Kings Landing. Should you want to discuss alliances, pacts or strategies feel free to contact me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Thisisnotmylastname
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

To whoever become the Prince of Dorne,

I believe that we should discuss boundaries. I would like Storm's End, as it is my ancestral castle. As to not threaten you, I will place only one footman there.
Is this acceptable to you?

King Stannis Baratheon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [22] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.