Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mb
WYATT EARP - My new Rio Grande copy of the english edition. It's very similar to Mystery Rummy (you could call it Case #2.5) and a game I really enjoyed. We played the 4 player version with each playing for themselves. Myself, Craig, Ben and Dave F. Craig had played several times and I had read the rules so we got the table up to speed. A neat game of rummy meshed in with a game of taking bounty rewards for outlaws. Each round the rewards build up on the 7 different outlaws - and the outlaw is captured if enough cards of the outlaw meld make it to the table. The person who has played (melded) the most cards to table for that outlaw gets the biggest share of the reward. If they do the majority of the work, it's possible they could get _all_ the reward (that could be huge!). Lots of flavor "sheriff" cards let you do different actions - draw extra cards, take cards from another player, etc. It all fits fairly nicely - and I even liked the theme (which could have been about anything but I enjoyed the old-west theme grafting on this one). I don't know how well it will play with less than 4 (I'm hopeful but haven't heard anything about 2 or 3 player Wyatt Earp yet). Solid game and a nice addition to the Rio Grande Games lineup. Our full game took less than an hour. Although I missed several opportunities to play the German version at UG2, I took it from Craig that having the cards in English was very helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.