Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Backwards Compatible? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Game Nurse
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have found some first edition expansions selling fairly cheaply... are they compatible with the second edition (which I have)?? Specifically the sea of blood

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aswin Agastya
Indonesia
Bekasi
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing you can use from 1st ed is the miniatures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bird
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sevej wrote:
The only thing you can use from 1st ed is the miniatures.

Assuming you also have the Conversion Kit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Toffee
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamenurse wrote:
I have found some first edition expansions selling fairly cheaply... are they compatible with the second edition (which I have)?? Specifically the sea of blood

thanks!

FFG holiday sale 5$?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timm Schneider
Germany
Gensingen
flag msg tools
mb
Sea of Blood doesn't have any miniatures, so you can't use it in 2nd ed. The conversion kit has hero and monster cards for all the monster and hero miniatures (base game, well of darkness, altair of despair, tomb of ice, promo heroes and and the hero miniatures from ffg's 3rd ed of dungeon quest)

Sea of blood and road to legend, the two campaign expansions offer nothing that can be used in 2nd ed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sea of Blood has an awesome boat template though, and I'm sure it would be hard to create 2nd Ed rules for boats if you wanted some custom quests. For $5, you can't go wrong?

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Nurse
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Masterchief1 wrote:
Gamenurse wrote:

thanks!

FFG holiday sale 5$?

lol actually at my FLGS! but then I saw the FFG sale and THEN I saw they were not backwards compat anyways!

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You mean Forwards Compatible?

Still, for $5, I would buy it. I love the boat tiles, and I think it's a worthy expansion just for the components to add to 2nd Ed for some custom maps...

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Williams
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
BITS FOR THE BITS GOD!
badge
Staring in dumbfounded terror at Frans Raynor's neckbeard.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick! It actually includes Nara the Fang! I bought it just for the sweet boat as Shnar recommended, and got this pleasant surprise:

Nara regularly goes on ebay for $15-20, so getting her for $5 alongside the two modular boats [and other miscellaneous useful counters, especially if you play other RPG's] is a silly steal.

FFG Sale lasts until the 9th. The updated description even mentions she's in it, so it's not like I got a lucky one: http://store.fantasyflightgames.com/productdetails.cfm?SKU=V...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the description has changed, actually! When I bought it last year it said she was included, and when I checked on the first day of the sale it did as well. You have to click through to the product page, though.

Glad you got her, in any case! Last year I got the other three, then realized I could get her with a Sea of Blood order, and from there I just went nuts and got it all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.