Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacek Wieszaczewski
Poland
Wrocław
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
About the runner

1. You don't run very many events, and half of them are events simply increasing your click efficiency (Quality Time and Sure Gamble), which are not good Same Old Thing targets (as an event played off SOT costs you 3 clicks, one to install SOT and two to use). Do you really need those extra FAO/Shutdowns? If yes, maybe it's better to go with two of each and one SOT, freeing up a card slot and 4 influence. You could then for example change one Quality time for a copy of Escher, which fits into your theme of messing up with ice and comboes with Emergency Shutdown.

2. With so many viruses, I think 3x Grimoire will be better than 2 Spinal Modems and 2 Dyson Mem Chips.

3. 1 and 2 put you two cards down, so you can add two more Djinns to have 3, fix all the MU issues (you're going to have them) and tutor for viruses you need. With this, it would be also good to find room for 3rd Datasucker and a single Nerve Agent, so that you can pressure HQ when R&D is heavily defended.

Corp

1. I'm not sold on big agendas in Jinteki PE. Fetal AI is good, as it acts similarly to Snare, but Executive Retreat is a bargain for the runner - he pays just 1 net damage to score 3 points. Those 6 points could be 3x Clone Retirement, 2x Gila Hands, 1x False Lead. I'd also think about replacing Nisei with Braintrust - it has no useful ability, but can be scored from unadvanced state. Of course to change agendas you need to remove 4 other cards - I'd definitely get rid of Precognition. What else, hard to tell, maybe one Snare and one Himitsu-Bako.

2. I don't think Caduceus is important enough to justify spending 4 influence on it here. If you want economic ice, Pop-up Window is cheap and earns you cash. You could for example remove 2x Caduceus, 3x Beanstalk, 1x Junebug and put in 3x Pop-up, 2x Cerebral Overwriter, 1x PAD Campaign or Private Contracts (to have one more card masking as unadvanced agenda so that runner either wastes time checking it or spends cash trashing it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I actually think Braintrust work just fine if you're playing an 'Always Advance' deck. Install, advance twice. Next turn, score for a bonus, making your ICE cheaper. Riskier than scoring from unadvanced? Yes, but scored early the benefit would be worth it. And when you drop a remote and advance it twice in the early game, in Jinteki it's enough to make people think twice about if it's worth running or not.

Obviously for that to work, you need to have enough credits both to score, which is incidentally exactly what you need to threaten a Cerebral Overwiter. Nobody likes taking two brain damage in the early turns, and it's particularly bad against a Corp that threatens Snares and EMPs in faction. It should go without saying though, that you don't want to bankrupt yourself.

I think Braintrust's day has come, now that Richteki is a thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asterisk CGY
msg tools
Braintrust is best used as a 3/2 agenda. The clicks spent to overadvance it are too valuable to be used on just this agenda. But it is still good because its something you can score with 3 clicks.

If you want to use Gilas, you want more because they're going to need to show up first.

If you run that much ice, Melange is a great thing to get them to run through them. An advanced item is as well, but if it was that junebug then you just wasted a turn IAA'ing it and now you need to do something else with that single server.

One Junebug isn't anything if you don't have the Neural or that Ronin ready to go.

Caudecus is best in Making News, have something else for that slot.

I think Jinteki PE can get by with 1 5/3 agenda in there, since you can hide it like a Fetal or any of your other traps, and at 1 its a low risk draw and gives you card room, but at 2 you need an econ to keep the runner out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.