Jeff Miller
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Working through the night Jeff fixed the broken link. After being fixed the broken link became Jeff's BGG profile.
mbmbmbmbmb
A new set of Deals today to draw in "Black Friday" shoppers:

Railways Express - $17.99 (55% off)
Star Wars: The Card Game – The Battle of Hoth - $6.99 (53% off)
Thunderstone Advance: Numenera - $33.99 (43% off)
Goa - $29.99 (50% off)
A World at War - $94.99 (51% off)
Android: Netrunner - $21.99 (45% off)
Carcassonne: Winter Edition - $18.99 (46% off)
Dixit: Origins - $16.99 (43% off)

plus

Some: RPG stuff, X-wing expansions, Miniatures, Magic...

Perhaps by itself, it's not that amazing since there's a limit of 1 per person so more stuff would need to be added to qualify for free shipping. (edit: might be a bit easier now)

LINK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Coolstuff Inc Daily Sale - Railways Ex.,Star Wars LCG, Thunderstone Adv: Numenera
I would say that the Thunderstone Advance: Numenera is the single best item they have yet in their yawnfest of a sale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Coolstuff Inc Daily Sale - Railways Ex.,Star Wars LCG, Thunderstone Adv: Numenera
Their shipping is the cheapest I have seen outside of free. That's still one advantage that CSI has over MM to me even without factoring in rewards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Meh... your post doesn't say that the Star Wars was a Force Pack. I thought it was for the Core Set!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
Their shipping is the cheapest I have seen outside of free. That's still one advantage that CSI has over MM to me even without factoring in rewards.

Also, CSI doesn't make you feel like you're unduly inconveniencing them when you add an additional item(s) to your already-existing-but-as-of-yet-unshipped order awaiting the arrival of a pre-ordered item(s).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
mbmbmbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
matthean wrote:

Also, CSI doesn't make you feel like you're unduly inconveniencing them when you add an additional item(s) to your already-existing-but-as-of-yet-unshipped order awaiting the arrival of a pre-ordered item(s).

I am honestly amazed at how true this is, and is a large reason they get the majority of my business.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kindra Whomsley
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
Winter is coming
mbmbmbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

Yeah, I like CSI too, but I've never had a problem doing the same with MM either. They're nice as pie about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fenrick
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kindraw wrote:
Yeah, I like CSI too, but I've never had a problem doing the same with MM either. They're nice as pie about it.
I agree. Both have been more than great at customer service for me. And prices of course...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edelen
United States
Mount Orab
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I preordered a large game from them I'm hoping will arrive before Christmas, and I know the box is a decent size, yet the UPS-based shipping was only $5.60. Considering it would be about $13 with the USPS, that's a great deal on shipping alone.

Makes a difference for all of us who don't buy enough from CSI to hit that magic free shipping mark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
kindraw wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

How exactly would one go about adding additional items to an existing order at Miniature Market? I placed a Black Friday order with them, and now I'm wishing I had added a few extra items. I sent an email to the customer service, but I haven't heard back from them yet. Nothing I ordered is on pre-order, so I guess it might already be too late, but I thought it might be worth a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fenrick
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TIM0THY wrote:

How exactly would one go about adding additional items to an existing order at Miniature Market?.
I've always just called and done it. I've never had to do it on the busiest retail day of the year though, so not sure how easy that will be. That said, it will hopefully help with the flux of orders maybe yours hasn't gone out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Wu
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes! I was able to snag Android Netrunner this time unlike the MM deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

tacoSEVEN wrote:
kindraw wrote:
I agree. Both have been more than great at customer service for me. And prices of course...

As to the niceties of pie, well, I myself felt like I'd gotten a mud pie not too nicely thrown in my face after MM informed me that they didn't want my business after I'd added an item to my order that was still awaiting a pre-ordered item.

In essence, after I'd added that item to my order, they went ahead and shipped the order on to me. (I had not anticipated the arrival of the order since I'd *thought* my order was still awaiting a pre-ordered item.) Based on the way the order-manifest sheets of my order's contents had been hand-written on and stapled together, I belatedly inferred that MM is adverse to order add-ons, even when one's order is awaiting a pre-ordered item(s).

I learned that they no longer wanted my business when I called them to inquire why they'd gone ahead and shipped my order on to me without the pre-ordered item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Duvall
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Place another order then choose store pickup and in the notes ask to add on to the previous order number.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TIM0THY wrote:
How exactly would one go about adding additional items to an existing order at Miniature Market?

As Adam said you can call, but it's just as easy to order online.

You just choose the local pickup option when you get to the shipping choices, then add to the comment section the order number you want it to be combined with. Done.

CSI has an even more customer centric policy of holding small orders even without a pre-order upon request (which MM won't do). The nice thing about the MM process by comparison is that it doesn't add local tax that has to be refunded as an extra step.

ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
I myself felt like I'd gotten a mud pie not too nicely thrown in my face after MM informed me that they didn't want my business after I'd added an item to my order that was still awaiting a pre-ordered item.

In essence, after I'd added that item to my order, they went ahead and shipped the order on to me. (I had not anticipated the arrival of the order since I'd *thought* my order was still awaiting a pre-ordered item.) Based on the way the order-manifest sheets of my order's contents had been hand-written on and stapled together, I belatedly inferred that MM is adverse to order add-ons, even when one's order is awaiting a pre-ordered item(s).

I learned that they no longer wanted my business when I called them to inquire why they'd gone ahead and shipped my order on to me without the pre-ordered item.

Whoah. If that's true, I'd be equally disinterested in ever dealing with them again!

I must admit I had 2 rather unpleasant run ins with a customer service rep named Edna hassling me in a very unfriendly manner because I'd placed an order asking for it be held, mistakenly thinking they were just as willing as CSI in that regard. Lesson learned, they don't.

When I asked recently via email why not, a very courteous response explained that they'd like to and hope to in the future but simply don't have the warehousing space to do so at this time.

That said, I dealt with a phone rep just the day before yesterday that was incredibly helpful and gracious about adding to my pre-order. To date, Edna is the only unfriendly rep I've ever dealt with at MM across many orders placed and received.

CSI customer service has never been anything but superb and that has earned them a firm spot as my go to OLGS when all other things are equal. (just wish this year's sale had been as impressive as MM's which has earned more of my holiday money thus far as a result)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Carlos Goyes
Colombia
Bogota
Cundinamarca
flag msg tools
badge
It’s true hard work never killed anyone, but I figure, why take the chance? - Ronald Reagan
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
TIM0THY wrote:
How exactly would one go about adding additional items to an existing order at Miniature Market?

You just choose the local pickup option when you get to the shipping choices, then add to the comment section the order number you want it to be combined with. Done.

CSI has an even more customer centric policy of holding small orders even without a pre-order upon request (which MM won't do). The nice thing about the MM process by comparison is that it doesn't add local tax that has to be refunded as an extra step.

ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
I myself felt like I'd gotten a mud pie not too nicely thrown in my face after MM informed me that they didn't want my business after I'd added an item to my order that was still awaiting a pre-ordered item.

Whoah. If that's true, I'd be equally disinterested in ever dealing with them again!

I must admit I had 2 rather unpleasant run ins with a customer service rep named Edna hassling me in a very unfriendly manner because I'd placed an order asking for it be held, mistakenly thinking they were just as willing as CSI in that regard. Lesson learned, they don't.

When I asked recently via email why not, a very courteous response explained that they'd like to and hope to in the future but simply don't have the warehousing space to do so at this time.

That said, I dealt with a phone rep just the day before yesterday that was incredibly helpful and gracious about adding to my pre-order. To date, Edna is the only unfriendly rep I've ever dealt with at MM across many orders placed and received.

CSI customer service has never been anything but superb and that has earned them a firm spot as my go to OLGS when all other things are equal. (just wish this year's sale had been as impressive as MM's which has earned more of my holiday money thus far as a result)

I just read this, earlier this year I wrote to CSI to see if it was possible for them to hold my order until I arrived to free shipping as I was only interested on the daily sale and they told me this wasn´t possible so I don´t buy much from them. I will ask about this again, thank you for letting me know it is possible. By the way MM customer service has always helped me and I have them in high regard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
tacoSEVEN wrote:
TIM0THY wrote:

How exactly would one go about adding additional items to an existing order at Miniature Market?.
I've always just called and done it. I've never had to do it on the busiest retail day of the year though, so not sure how easy that will be. That said, it will hopefully help with the flux of orders maybe yours hasn't gone out!

I tried the phone call approach. It worked out fine- I was able to add four items to my existing order, and thereby qualify for free shipping. The guy on the other end of the line didn't seem super excited about the whole thing, but he wasn't a jerk either. So I'd probably try it again if I felt the need, and I don't have any hangups about placing more orders with them.

Thanks for the help guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

jgoyes wrote:
NuMystic wrote:
TIM0THY wrote:

ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

I just read this, earlier this year I wrote to CSI to see if it was possible for them to hold my order until I arrived to free shipping as I was only interested on the daily sale and they told me this wasn´t possible so I don´t buy much from them.

Now *that* is entirely different from merely asking CSI to hold an already-completed order which from the outset had already qualified for free shipping and which is either awaiting awaiting final processing for shipment or a pre-ordered item.

In my own order with MM, I'd already long since qualified for free shipping from the very outset and was in the meanwhile awaiting a pre-ordered item. During that interim, I added several items while the order was awaiting the pre-ordered item. I was never given a satisfactory reason for why my having added those additional items had prompted them to say that they no longer wanted my business. I did, however, infer from all the handwritten notes on the manifest paperwork accompanying my order that MM might not have a satisfactory tracking system in place to coordinate the addition of extra items to an already-existing order awaiting shipment.

Today, I called CSI who agreed to hold my Black Friday order from shipping while I checked their Cyber Monday Sale. After I'd scanned their online sales listings, I simply called them back and told them to go ahead and ship my Black Friday order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Drickman
United States
Ukiah
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Their sale would not have looked as bad if they put everything up at once. I did pickup Snowdonia, Escape Quest and Bora Bora at sale prices. Lost Legends and La Boca were nice deals as well, but not games I am interested in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edelen
United States
Mount Orab
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
danamark wrote:
I remember well the FGG heyday holiday sales of the past, where the site was on its knees, took a day of trying to get on, 2-3 minute page display, timeouts, remember my shipping was erroneously sky high, took them days to get back to me and correct it because of the load, good times, good times, reminds me of the Obama Health Care web server overload.

What, you mean last year?

And the year before that...

and the year before that...

and the year before that...

and...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TIM0THY wrote:
kindraw wrote:
[q="ShreveportLAGamer"]

How exactly would one go about adding additional items to an existing order at Miniature Market? I placed a Black Friday order with them, and now I'm wishing I had added a few extra items. I sent an email to the customer service, but I haven't heard back from them yet. Nothing I ordered is on pre-order, so I guess it might already be too late, but I thought it might be worth a try.

I wanted to do the same. I emailed and didn't hear back, then tried calling. Anyway, I talked to someone and finally got an email response. Here it is sadly:

Due to the large volume of orders received during the sale, we are unable to add items to an order after it has been submitted. You may place a new order for the additional items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
danamark wrote:
reminds me of the Obama Health Care web server overload.

Gee, why didn't they mandate a last name A-Z schedule sign up over a month?
As a tax payer, what the hell did it cost to handle a one time en masse sign up? Maybe they can burn off the extra horse power with SETI, or better yet a NASA probe to D.C. to see if there is any intelligent life?

Can you take this stuff to RSP? Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
tlee33 wrote:
TIM0THY wrote:
kindraw wrote:
[q="ShreveportLAGamer"]

I wanted to do the same. I emailed and didn't hear back, then tried calling. Anyway, I talked to someone and finally got an email response. Here it is sadly:

Due to the large volume of orders received during the sale, we are unable to add items to an order after it has been submitted. You may place a new order for the additional items.

Bummer. Now I feel a little guilty that my phone call had such positive results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I added Clash of Cultures and the Mage Knight expansion to my order. They missed putting on the expansion. I e-mailed them about it. They added it and then the next day I came back and had then switch the expansion out for a L5R booster box. CSI had zero issue with the changes to my order and every time made sure to say if I had any further changes to let them know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.