19 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: What if you were in charge of the next expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Wickstrom
msg tools
mb
What if you were in charge of the next expansion. This one comes out in the summer. It has 350 cards.
What things do you add:
1. Masterminds
2. Heroes
3. Villains
4. Henchmen
5. Schemes
6. What new mechanics do you add
7. Other

If it was up to you what would you include in the next big expansion?...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alpha Flight!

(I know they're lesser-known, but they were my favourites when I bought comics...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Born
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm looking forward to some more avengers: Black Panther, Wasp and Antman. I would do an A.I.M. henchmen deck that has a mix of different fight effects and I'm hoping for a mechanic that has cards stay in play for a turn or something like that. I would like to see locations you can buy, for example the x-mansion and maybe it counts as an Xman symbol and stays in play. The x-mansion would give 1 recruit towards xmen cards. There would be villains who KO locations occasionally. Something like that for different places like Avengers tower, Sanctum Sanctorum(Dr. Strange) Daredevils office.... and other places with different effects: The Daily Bugle, midtown high.

How about a scheme that doesnt use a mastermind and is just head to head trying to take out the most villains or attacking other players
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryon Hake
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Avengers:
Dr. Pym (one card each for Ant-Man, Giant Man, Goliath, Yellowjacket)
Wasp
Quicksilver
Black Panther
Vision
She-Hulk
Hercules
Falcon

X-Men:
Beast
Shadowcat
Jubilee

Marvel Knights:
Luke Cage!!!!!!!!!!!

Non-Aligned:
Sub-Mariner
Captain Mar-Vell

Henchmen:
AIM agents

I'm loving this game, but I'd really like to be able to use the above heroes, and to have some more variety among Henchmen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trab
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bryon wrote:
Avengers:
Wasp

X-Men:
Beast
Shadowcat
Jubilee

Marvel Knights:
Luke Cage!!!!!!!!!!!

I definitely agree with these!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Perron
Canada
flag msg tools
Heroes:

Avengers:

Vision
Scarlet Witch
Black Panther
Wasp
Henry Pym
Quicksilver
Wonder Man

X-Men:

Beast
Shadowcat
Banshee

Marvel Knights:

Luke Cage
Dr.Strange

X-Force:

Psylocke
Archangel

Unaffiliated:

Namor
She Hulk

and I guess we could always use another Wolverine!

Masterminds:

M.O.D.O.K(Leads AIM)
Kang
The Hood (leads the Wrecking Crew)
Sebastian Shaw (Leads the Hellfire Club)
Norman Osbourne (if not in Spidey expansion)(Leads both Dark Avengers and Hammer agents)

Villains:

The Wrecking Crew
Hellfire Club
Iron Foes (Crimson Dynamo, Iron Monger etc)
Dark Avengers (Any 4)
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants II (Toad, Pyro, Avalanche and Vanisher)
Masters of Evil II (Radioactive Man, Absorbing Man, Titania and Grey Gargoyle)

Henchmen:

AIM Scientists
HAMMER Agents
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Wickstrom
msg tools
mb
What about guardians of the galaxy?

I printed off a TMNT expansion someone did on here. That would be awesome.

I want different mechanics to the game like introducing dice. Having the villains attack. I feel like the villains are dummies. They just enter the city, sit there, and wait to be killed. They should attack more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Goethem
Belgium
Londerzeel
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bwick503 wrote:
I feel like the villains are dummies. They just enter the city, sit there, and wait to be killed. They should attack more.

I actually like that part, it seems more thematic to me. Very rarely do villains attack super heroes. Most of the time the Villains are doing their evil thing, and the super heroes come along and stop them.

I do feel that the first masterminds had this problem. Attacking them gave you a bonus effect. While I feel that attacking the mastermind should harm you in some way. After all, it's not like you would take on Magneto without getting banged up a bit.

As for the original question, I don't have a want list for heroes or villains. But there are 2 things I would like to see added to the game.

- Teamwork heroes: Heroes that don't do much for you, but help the other players. I was hoping they would do this with Forge and Prof-X. I would have loved to see a Forge card that said "Each other play who can reveal a technology card draws a card" or something like that.

- More Henchman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bohm
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
How about:

-A box/insert that holds all the cards

-Card Dividers for all released cards

-Pre-made "scenario" randomizer cards, cards with pre-set villian/hero/scheme etc. for quicker set up.

-More cards that tie in/combo with existing cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Washington
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Never Knows Best wrote:
How about:

-A box/insert that holds all the cards

-Card Dividers for all released cards

-Pre-made "scenario" randomizer cards, cards with pre-set villian/hero/scheme etc. for quicker set up.

-More cards that tie in/combo with existing cards.

Ditto on these ideas. My 2 cents. ..

Mastermind : Mandarin. After Iron Man 3, he needs some love. Maybe even a special set of scheme twists representing the Rings.

Mastermind : Doramammu. Because is the main enemy of Dr Strange & Marvels strongest yet mossy dysfunctional super hero team. ..

The Defenders : Because printing Namor, Beast, and Dr. Strange is needed. A new Hulk is inevitable, Silver Surfer and Angel exist, and Moon dragon and would be cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy 'Peachy' Devery
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More X-Men.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raul Flores
United States
California
flag msg tools

I wouldn't mind of a more themed to the younger super heroes.

Young Avengers, Hope Summers and some of her crew. Maybe even the Runaways if they count.

Villains and such could a NEW Dr. Doom since Young Avengers dealt with him. *shrug*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacie Winters
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The next big box expansion should be all COSMIC...

Thanos as a Mastermind.
Guardians of the Galaxy as Heroes along with other cosmic related heroes like from the Annihilation series.

Then the next big box expansion after that should be Age of Apocalypse...

or Marvel Zombies...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Montgomery
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Psylocke
Shadowcat
Beast
Juibilee(prevampire)
Dr. Strange
Havok

Cloak/Dagger

She Hulk(Jen Walters)

War Machine

X-Force _ most of these fit in with the Dark City expansion
Cannonball
Shatterstar
Boomer
Feral
Warpath

Mastermind
Tolliver

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Lienemann
United States
Bloomington
Illinois
flag msg tools
Bryon wrote:
Avengers:
Wasp
Quicksilver
Black Panther
Vision
She-Hulk
Hercules
Falcon

X-Men:
Beast

Marvel Knights:
Luke Cage!!!!!!!!!!!

Non-Aligned:
Sub-Mariner

Technically, Beast, Luke Cage, and Namor have all been Avengers at one time or another, so you could stick with an Avengers-themed set and have them in there. With Beast, might be interesting to have some sort of dual affiliation (maybe you choose if he's an Avenger or X-man up front or have a blend of cards in the deck).

Other suggestions:
* Scarlet Witch
* War Machine
* Ms. Marvel
* Doctor Strange

Masterminds:
* Mandarin
* Ultron
* M.O.D.O.K.
* Kang
* Thanos

As far as henchman, I'd just like to see the Wrecking Crew as a set.

I do think Galactic Guardians makes a lot of sense as the next smaller expansion after Spider-man.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PurdueFan99 wrote:

While I'm all for more henchmen, WC would make a better Villain group, 8 cards, so 2x Wrecker, Piledriver, Bulldozer and Thunderball. Also, henchmen are the red-headed stepchild everybody slaps around (toughest of them so far is Attack 4 with Bribe), so WC would either be far stronger than any of them (IMO none of them should have less than 5-6 Attack) or if dropped down to the level of current henchmen, be too weak for a proper representantion of the WC. Make them Attack 6*, except Wrecker Attack 7*, with each gaining +1 Attack for each other WC in the city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Maynor
United States
Peachtree City
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A big box expansion.... If I were to design it.

Twisted Schemes!

I would change it up, and make 'hero' decks for some villains. The 'masterminds' woudl be Xavier, Reed, etc... standard hero group leader types. Maybe SHIELD, Avengers, etc....

New rules, no duplicates of any characters, so if you play Green Goblin, you can not use Spider Foes as a villain/opposition group to avoid any mix ups. But then again, with clones in the Marvel universe, this is a lax rule anyway.

New board, and the heroes would 'capture' bystanders like the villains capture bystanders. The board is heroes trying to escape your evil lair. If they make it out, same penalty as when a villain escapes the city.

New rule... overlord! Come up with new variations on the mastermind characters where that is who is controlling your group of villains, They will have abilities where you 'spend' bystanders to accomplish goals and set back the heroes.

Of course this woudl all be mix and match with the basic set, because the comics are full of odd team ups and storylines so what the hell!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Campaigns could be cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Lienemann
United States
Bloomington
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dam the Man wrote:
PurdueFan99 wrote:

While I'm all for more henchmen, WC would make a better Villain group, 8 cards, so 2x Wrecker, Piledriver, Bulldozer and Thunderball. Also, henchmen are the red-headed stepchild everybody slaps around (toughest of them so far is Attack 4 with Bribe), so WC would either be far stronger than any of them (IMO none of them should have less than 5-6 Attack) or if dropped down to the level of current henchmen, be too weak for a proper representantion of the WC. Make them Attack 6*, except Wrecker Attack 7*, with each gaining +1 Attack for each other WC in the city.

Sorry about that. Totally agree and meant to say villain group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.