Curt C
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings. About to play Infamy for the first time tonight, very excited =) I don't have my game in front of me atm, but a question about Hazards:

a) Can Hazards be placed on a resupply zone currently occupied by a pawn? Ifso what happens?

b) Can a Hazard placed early in the Sector phase block a later player from taking that action? (guessing yes)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For a), I'm not entirely sure, but I would think that you can, and it has no effect on the pawn already there, since you do the resupply action immediately upon placing your pawn. You are only leaving the pawn there so nobody else can go there, which the hazard also does. So I suppose you could remove the pawn when the hazard is placed, since it being there and the hazard being there are accomplishing the same thing.

For b), I am almost positive it does. More often than not, they can still place their pawn at another spot in that sector, but sometimes I suppose it could result in not being able to place your pawn at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gerrits
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How would you place a hazard during the sector phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Greisz
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit: I thought card play. But that wouldn't be till the next phase. So not sure how.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Runkst wrote:

By completing a mission that allows you to place a hazard. (PKD Propoganda - or Precinct bombing if you have the Triggerman Promo)
Note that these missions only allow you to place a hazard in the same sector as the mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt C
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Runkst wrote:

You might not be able to. I don't have the mission cards in front of me, but rules seem to imply that some missions allow you to place hazards, and I believe this happens in the Sector phase?

Edit: Previous post clarified that this can indeed happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt C
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abredon wrote:
Runkst wrote:

By completing a mission that allows you to place a hazard. (PKD Propoganda - or Precinct bombing if you have the Triggerman Promo)
Note that these missions only allow you to place a hazard in the same sector as the mission.

Ok, it's as I expected. but given this, either (a) or (b) from my original post could happen.

I'm pretty sure my answer for (b) is correct, but I want clarification on (a). Can you even place a hazard in a resupply zone that contains a pawn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can. It has no effect on a pawn already placed. Hope this helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.