Adam Stapley
United States
Lyman
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

For the game I've been working on, we want to make the ranged attacks be the flick of a disk. My question is, will that be suuuper annoying? Will people have to get up (especially the "archer" character) and move around the table all the time? It's got a kind of a shuffleboard rule to encourage people to not flick the thing off the table, but the board will likely be decently sized, so people might need to shift around to make an angle. Would you playing this game find that exciting or annoying? It's a cooperative game, so everyone would be wanting this person to hit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The game you have made appears to have the identical mechanics as the very cool Catacombs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lizzie
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
designer
“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” ― G.K. Chesterton
badge
A Hug a Day keeps the Doctor away!
mbmbmbmbmb
It takes a bit of space, and is better if you can rotate the board. We have and play Catacombs and that is brilliant, archers, Cerberus and all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Stapley
United States
Lyman
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It does seem very similar! Luckily, this is just one small part of the game we've made, not intensive at all. Basically just if you hit, your attack hits, and everything else is the same as melee combat with no dexterity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In Crokinole there's a rule that you cannot leave your seat during the game. Of course, in that game you always shoot from your own quarter of the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sturv Tafvherd
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AtStapley wrote:
Hello!

For the game I've been working on, we want to make the ranged attacks be the flick of a disk. My question is, will that be suuuper annoying? Will people have to get up (especially the "archer" character) and move around the table all the time? It's got a kind of a shuffleboard rule to encourage people to not flick the thing off the table, but the board will likely be decently sized, so people might need to shift around to make an angle. Would you playing this game find that exciting or annoying? It's a cooperative game, so everyone would be wanting this person to hit.

my answer: i'd love that kind of game, and would likely use a lazy susan to facilitate rotating the game board.

my issue would be if the game board and/or components are of the "wrong" scale. Too small, and things might go flying when the lazy susan rotates. Too big, and the game might not fit on the lazy susan.

I don't have a copy of Catacombs yet .. it is on my wish list however. And there's been at least one PnP game using this kind of flick mechanic.

Edit... here's a link

Zeppelin Strike
Candi wrote:

ZEPPELIN STRIKE IS CONTEST READY!

PROTOTYPE FILES
Zeppelin Strike Rules

Zeppelin Strike Components

Factions Add-On

OVERVIEW
Take control of a custom built fleet of Zeppelin's and battle for supremacy of the skies. Utilizing a variety of dexterity mechanics it will take a combination of skill, luck and strategy to over come your opponent and destroy their fleet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Stapley
United States
Lyman
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The scales will be decent, it won't be a bead or something like that, but probably an inch and a half diameter disk. The board probably wouldn't fit a lazy Susan, but only one player has access to ranged attacks often at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.