Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Murdock
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
There were some deck building guidelines and strategies on duneccg.com however that site is gone now and the wayback machine didn't archive the articles or the deck lists.

Does anyone have these files archived? Can anyone point me to another resource?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a great loss! That was the best dune ccg site by far. Nothing else like it on the internet soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Jones
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed - I only recently got some cards and had that website bookmarked for future reference.

Wonder why it's gone.

Anyone know who ran it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been abandoned for many years, with dead links and the contact email no longer worked. Nevertheless it had some great info. A lot can still be read on the way back machine, but not some of the most useful bits like the deck lists and strategy articles.

I have used the deck lists in the past and still have 6 or 7 decks made up based loosely on them. Will check if I have any of the lists saved on an external hard drive in the next few weeks (without a PC at the moment).

Edit: I do have almost all the decks, but most of them can still be accessed at the link mentioned below.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Jones
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nickbolton wrote:
It's been abandoned for many years, with dead links and the contact email no longer worked. Nevertheless it had some great info. A lot can still be read on the way back machine, but not some of the most useful bits like the deck lists and strategy articles.

Consumed by the desert ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Muller
South Africa
Stellenbosch
Western Cape
flag msg tools
even if it's not
badge
I have a cunning plan that cannot fail.
mbmbmbmbmb
At least some of the information on duneccg.com was originally on sherlockazulu's geocities site (http://www.geocities.com/sherlockazulu/), and that is available via the wayback machine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Fanner
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This link definitely still works. Obviously a clone of sherlockazulu.

http://web.archive.org/web/20040117045710/http://www.geocities.com/sherlockazulu/deck_library.htm

Not all of the decks files are fully functional, but a lot of the other strategies are still functional.

Edit: sorry, I'm not clued up on the coding to make the entire link appear as the hyperlink - just copy and paste the full line as the address.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the now lost decks, from this site, is the 'Sisterhood Deck'.

I had one of these made up and so have listed it below.
(It's possible I changed a few cards, but its probably more or less the same one)

Homeworld
Wallach IX

Imperial Deck (12)
Dune
Choam Directorship
Emperor's Truthsayer
Gauis Helen Mohiam
Imperial Suk School Profits
Lady Margot
Siridar Governorship
Siridar Tithes
Sister Ramallo
Smuggler Bribes
Spacing Industries
Suspensor Technologies

House Deck (40)
Choam Delegate x2
Choam Restructuring
Deep Training x3
Early Procurement x3
House Agent x2
Maneuver Pawn x2
Manual of the Friendly Desert x4
Policy of Oppression x4
Production Setbacks x4
Renegade Sister x4
Security Sweep x4
Sister of the Azhar x4
The Voice x3

Strategy: Renegade Sisters and Sisters of the Azhar are your key to success. Manual of the Friendly Deserts is to make your Renegade Sisters native so that you can disangage them with Sister's of the Azhar. The Voice are played to Sisters of the Azhar to make them good alone even without Renegade Sisters (so not that much about lucky draw) and Deep Training to make them better at it. (and for Maneuver Pawn) Security Sweeps and Production Setbacks are to slow your opponents down. The strategy of this deck is very simple: engage everything and buy the spice for the win (also make the best use of your favor advantage)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another lost deck not archived by the wayback machine is 'Nothing is Certain'
Again here it is (or at least a version of it I have used)

Homeworld
Tupile

Imperial Deck (11)
Assembly Chairmanship
Dune
Harkonnen Industries
Harvesting Contract
Imperial Revenues
Ionesco Valdeshar
Schlag Hide Exports
Weather Control
Albrecht Nim
Dorvin Saeth
Gauvir Mucca

House Deck (41)
Assailant's Calling Card x2
Baliset x4
Casting Nets x4
Grant Furlough x3
Guild Navigator x2
Guild Shuttle x2
Hoarding Tithe x4
Holding Tithes x4
House Mentat x4
House Physician x2
Imperial Suk x4
Name of the Great Mother x2
Umma x4

Strategy: Set up Navigators or Albrecht and Gauvir as Ummas, then with the balisets deploy 4+ tithing events in a single turn, eliminating rivals through favor loss. House Mentats serve to increase hand size (key, since you want to be cycling cards as fast as possible), gain solaris (bonus with ACC, which is almost a guaranteed four solaris the turn you pull it), and as targets for Grant Furloughs to force an opponent's draw and consequent loss by favour

If I find the final lost deck 'Fist Under Hand' I will post that too at a later date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Muller
South Africa
Stellenbosch
Western Cape
flag msg tools
even if it's not
badge
I have a cunning plan that cannot fail.
mbmbmbmbmb
I happen to have the "Fist Under Hand" deck saved in my collection of useful deck ideas, so here it is:

Fist Under Hand
Smugglers deck

Homeworld
False Wall South

Plans
Dominate Assembly

Imperial deck: (15)
Carthag
Arrakeen
The Great Flat
Glossu Rabbon (TAT)
Gauis Helen Mohiam (EOTS)
Esmar Tuek
Feige Treazel
Kaldo Radij
Remy Egusku
Staban Tuek
Smuggling Revenues
Trafficking Partnership
Smugglers Ambassador
Beyond the Faufreluches
Regent Siridar

House deck: 72
Sister of the Azhar 4
Diplomatic Settlement 4
Manual of the Friendly Desert 2
Policy of Oppression 4
Arrakeen Patriarch 2
Carthag Privateer 2
House Physician 4
Wake Shot 4
Protracted Duration 4
Contract Negotiations 2
Disguised Sardaukar 4
Fortune of Al-Lat 2
Stake Reputation 4
Unfulfill'd Plans 4
Gross Soliciting 2
Smuggling Compact 2
Preordained Sequence 2
Byzantine Corruption 2
Salvaging Operation 3
Shifting Tides 2
Passage Within 4
Smuggler Band 3
Smuggler Battalion 3
Smuggler Underground 3

Strategy:

Here is a Smugglers deck titled "Fist Under Hand". I derived this titled from the term "Hand Over Fist" as in "making money hand over fist", and then switched to give a glimpse of the underhanded things this deck is capable of.

This deck is designed to win using the "Request Admission to the High Council" victory.

Stategy: Get Beyond the FauFreluches, Carthag and Arrakeen into play early. Fortune of Al-Lat will allow you the ability to discard from your assembly without worry, so discard from your assembly to get these into play early. The Arrakeen Patriarch and Carthag Privateer are included to disengage the cities. The House Physicians and Wake Shots will allow the Patriarch and Priateer to work overtime. Once you get some Sisters of the Azhar out, use them to disengage Glossu Rabban with Manual of the Friendly Desert. This stategy, coupled with the House Physicians, Arrakeen Patriarchs, and Carthag Privatteers, will allow to make money from the cities "hand over fist". Glossu Rabban is best put to use working The Great Flat.

This brings us to Dune and its control. Deploy Dune as soon as you think it's possible. Hopefully you will have a Smuggler Band and/or Smuggler Battalion in hand. Deploy the either of these to Dune. Use Diplomatic Settlement to stave off any arbitration rites against Dune. If Dune is governed by an oppenent, use Rabban with Disquised Sardaukar to battle Dune.

This deck has a lot of card drawing manipulation in it. Esmar Tuek, Mohiam with Passages Within, Salvaging Operations, and False South Wall will keep your options at a maximum. It is actually possible to continuously cycle thru the deck. I will leave that as an exercise for the reader.

Many cards in this deck make use of discarding favor. That is why Beyond the Faufreluches must be in play. If you are discarding/reducing favor, do your best to make sure you end up directly at 0 favor as a result. Further reductions/discarding of favor will result in tokens being assigned to Beyond the Faufreluches. NOTE: This card is ONLY effective if you are at 0 favor or less when you use it. Example: Having 3 favor and discarding 4 will NOT assign a token to BTF. If you are at or below 0, use BTF to bring you back to 0. If for some reason, you are unable to do this, try to have Smuggling Compact ready to reduce your hand size where necessary. This can be costly but this deck has no problem with solaris.

Using Stake Reputation will often result in tokens being assigned to Dominate the Assembly. Many players will be unable to outbid you when you can use favor in this manner. This will set your opponents back and give you a need advangtage.

Assign Smuggler personnel to Smuggler allies for a bit of intrigue and battle. This is a side effect of this deck and not the main focus. Focus on using The Great Flat to accumulate spice and having Dune to get the spice into your hoard. You will be able to buy spice regardless of price if there is any available.

Phillip Edwards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drnlmza wrote:
I happen to have the "Fist Under Hand" deck saved in my collection of useful deck ideas, so here it is

That's great, as I didn't have this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.