Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

12 Realms» Forums » Rules

Subject: No talent exploited by sorcery if the die does not match anything available? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean
United States
Westlake Village
California
flag msg tools
Page 9 of the rules states that the player uses the talents die when asked to randomly select a talent.
Page 10 states that the sorcery invader power forces the player to exploit a randomly selected talent.
So if the die falls on a talent the player does not have, is it safe to assume nothing happens?
This interpretation is pretty strongly supported by the description of sorcery on page 10 where it says that the player only exploits the talent "if he is able to".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MAGE Company
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So if the die falls on a talent the player does not have, is it safe to assume nothing happens?

EDIT: Curse, Sorcery: You choose the Talents. No die is involved. You roll die when it depicted on a card along with the question mark. Then you roll the die. So you just choose and that makes it easier to handle invaders with such abilities.

Thanks a lot Kevin who reminded me the black die with the question mark on some cards. I had totally forgotten it, so my apologies for the wrong reply.

Btw: I have noted your questions regarding the phrases in some points of the rulebook. I want to give them to my partners in US who edited the rules. So I have to thank you for these small notes and questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the clarification.
I have been playing it wrong, then. I though it would exhaust a random skill among the remaining/active ones.
This makes the Sorceror less powerful, but actually sounds more fun!
I will have to try the game again soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Green
United States
North Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
exa1zar2ius3 wrote:

Yes nothing happens.

Btw: I have noted your questions regarding the phrases in some points of the rulebook. I want to give them to my partners in US who edited the rules. So I have to thank you for these small notes and questions.
For Sorcery, you roll a die? Are you sure about that?

Elsewhere, it has been said that:

feeleash wrote:

Yes nothing happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MAGE Company
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin: Page 9 of the rules states that the player uses the talents die when asked to randomly select a talent.

So yes I am sure for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Green
United States
North Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I messed up my quote, sorry. I meant to source this:

feeleash wrote:

Both effects, curse and sorcery state randomly selected (chosen) so you need to select those talents yourself. If they had a question mark and a black die like the changeling effect, then this would apply

Yes Anders you are correct, that is why we are already updating the FAQ because there are still things to be cleared out and stuff that is missing. You are playing skeleton right!

Stay tuned for v0.2

Mike

Mike seems to be involved in the FAQ, so I would think him knowledgeable. Especially since the pistol and musket also says "randomly" but means "choose" I'm not sure what to be doing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MAGE Company
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked it Kevin, you are right,
I had forgotten totally the black die. Sorry with all the stuff in my head I made a mistake. I will fix and my previous replies so the people can see it. Thanks a lot for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.