Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
May you all moderate your turkey sandwich intake successfully!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't look now, but I think yesterday killed Rudy.

Recovery may not be an option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
...something. :)
mbmbmbmb
MABBY wrote:
Don't look now, but I think yesterday killed Rudy.

I got better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been doing the 5:2 diet thing, only I've kind of slipped into the Alternate Day diet. I was all set to eat freely (I won't say "gorge"--oops!), but it just didn't feel comfortable. So, while I ate freely the day before and had my pumpkin pie today, I kept to a modest 800 kcal on the day itself. Considering my height, that's in range of the 5:2 diet limits (25% of normal) for fast days, and I had "fasted" Tuesday and Sunday, already.

I'm still at the, "This is odd..." stage. I've also (seemingly) confirmed that increasing calories on fast days in order to consume calories earlier (less than the 100/kcal per hour--average male burn rate) makes one lose weight faster.

All those caveats, aside--I wonder if Thanksgiving, to pick one example, shouldn't be a celebration from Wednesday night to Sunday night, with feast and fast days. Maybe a big brunch on Thursday, 5:2 style fasting on Friday-day, a we-survived Black Friday celebration Friday night, eat whatever you want Saturday, and a final feast Sunday after sundown.

Historically, whatever radical Christians say, Christmas started the evening of December 25 (which is why it's called Christmas Day, extended for the twelve days of Christmas (a mass every evening) and ended on Epiphany, January 6, celebrating the arrival of the Wise Men and Christ's baptism.

[Admin: I may be over the line here. Kindly delete the above paragraph instead (and this) instead of condemning the thread to RSP.)]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.