Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Pancoast
United States
Lake Ann
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking for a solo zombie game to play that will have quite a bit of replay value. I'm down to either All Things Zombie or Zpocalypse. Which would you recommend?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Wolfe
United States
living in Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on how complex you want your rules. The ATZ rules are more complex but more flexible, IMO. Also, ATZ can be solo, co-op, or competitive, while Zombiecide can really only be solo or co-op, unless you want to hack the rules on your own.

Sorry, wasn't paying attention. I'll amend my post later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Pancoast
United States
Lake Ann
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CptSqweky wrote:
It depends on how complex you want your rules. The ATZ rules are more complex but more flexible, IMO. Also, ATZ can be solo, co-op, or competitive, while Zombiecide can really only be solo or co-op, unless you want to hack the rules on your own.

Thanks for the reply!

I'm not really looking for something competitive. When you said Zombicide, did you mean Zpocalypse?

I'm looking for a good solid solitaire (which is how I would usually play) that could, but not necessarily be played as co-op. Again, my main focus is solitaire. I have LNOE to be played with others.

I'm looking for something that will have a lot of choices that brings tension to the game. I think nail biting tension will keep begging me to break this out, even if I was just playing alone. Do either of these games provide this? Or maybe another zombie game that can be played solitaire that I don't know about?

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dawn of the Zeds (Second edition) is the game you are looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Zhu
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
Second dawn of the zeds. Amazing game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Pancoast
United States
Lake Ann
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Springheeledjack wrote:
Dawn of the Zeds (Second edition) is the game you are looking for.

I owned the 1st ed. of DOTZ, but couldn't get the rules down. It was probably me more than the rules themselves, but I just couldn't get it. I played through the demo, but that didn't help either. Has the 2nd edition improved on the rules at all?

Would Zombicide provide what I'm looking for?

Thanks for the reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Wolfe
United States
living in Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dougiep wrote:
CptSqweky wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

I'm not really looking for something competitive. When you said Zombicide, did you mean Zpocalypse?

D'oh!... I'm still waking up, sorry about that, I just checked what was new in my subscriptions and didn't read too closely, my bad. You can probably ignore my post safely for now, since I'm still new to Zpocalypse, and need to play a couple more games to see what I think about it fully yet. I plan on getting in a round or two today, so I'll let you know later.

Again, terribly sorry. There are so many zombie games out there these days it's easy to get them mixed up, and I'm a zombie enthusiast who doesn't mind so many releases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sekela
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried to play ATZ once but couldn't get through it. Seemed very boring to me. On the other hand, I really like Zpocalypse. Only negative thing I have to say about Zpoc is that some of the scenarios don't work very well (or even at all) as written. That being said, when sticking to the basic scenario and/or tweaking the scenario cards, Zpoc can be really fun.

For way of background, I have only played Zpoc solo (but controlling two teams). It might be fine with "true" solo (playing only one team), but I really enjoy controlling two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.