Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nocustomer charges - Parcel force thought I was very lucky. Makes up for all those times they have overcharged me. Well ahead now.

Now Where to start

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damen Parker
Oman
Northampton
Muscat
flag msg tools
Trust me. You know it makes sense
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice one Jerry. I think you are first in the UK to receive the finished article. Chances are mine will attract customs and probably take a few days for them to process but if you got lucky then maybe, just maybe....

Cheers
D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
Very lucky. I'm in the US and still haven't gotten mine. Either it'll show up right after I submit this comment or they forgot to send it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Parker
England
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had an extortion demand for £89 (assuming this is the RD parcel) and despite paying and asking for delivery on Friday, Parcelforce failed to deliver.

Long phone call no doubt at premium rate, where the computer voice recognition kept failing to recognize my reading of reference number, I eventually reached a real person. She kindly advised me that even though she could see that I had paid the Customs & Excise fee they had not updated their system.

I have asked for delivery on Monday (office is less than 5 miles away) so am crossing fingers that they will get it right this time.

It has been great to see the positive responses to the Red Devils, but, I have felt a bit left out waiting for my parcel.

Hope everyone gets their parcels early next week to finally end this saga.

Gordon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Starman54 wrote:
Nocustomer charges - Parcel force thought I was very lucky. Makes up for all those times they have overcharged me. Well ahead now.

Very lucky - I just got hit with a customs bill for £108. :-(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
briw wrote:
Starman54 wrote:

£108? Just for importation of the game? That's truly robbery arrrh. Surely there's got to be a better way for folks in the UK and the rest of Europe to rcv this stuff without the high duties? I just had to buy new license plates for the cars and dropped $500US for two lousy license plates...taxes are killing us all cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MayorJim wrote:
briw wrote:
Starman54 wrote:

£108? Just for importation of the game? That's truly robbery arrrh. Surely there's got to be a better way for folks in the UK and the rest of Europe to rcv this stuff without the high duties? I just had to buy new license plates for the cars and dropped $500US for two lousy license plates...taxes are killing us all cry

Its customs plus our eu / uk VAT (sales Tax) I reckon I probably saved £100 ($163) as I had over $700+ dollars worth inc postage which they include as part of the value.

It was missing 1 assistant Piat figure and the GM KIT. There is absolutely tons of stuff. I have still got maps and x-trrain to clean off.

The tactics modules are going to be quite a game changer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jerry,
Congrats on getting your shipment already. I am still waiting for mine as well to show up… Hopefully this week! That is quite a haul you have there too!

-Rob K.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wishing I could have picked up Tonga and Pegasus … timing (and money yuk ) were not cooperative.

-Rob K.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You will have a brief chance to correct that... Very soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Starman54 wrote:
MayorJim wrote:
briw wrote:
Starman54 wrote:

Its customs plus our eu / uk VAT (sales Tax) I reckon I probably saved £100 ($163) as I had over $700+ dollars worth inc postage which they include as part of the value.

It was missing 1 assistant Piat figure and the GM KIT. There is absolutely tons of stuff. I have still got maps and x-trrain to clean off.

Well, I lucked out and did not have to pay sales tax, though that may change in the future ...sorry to hear you're missing a few parts, but I'm sure LBG will make you whole. I spent 11 hours yesterday, a few hours today and several hours off and on over the past several days cleaning, sorting, basing minis etc, and still have two more buildings to finish assembling. I was hoping to actually get a game or two in this weekend but that will have to wait. I've got Christmas decorations to put up, football and church tomorrow...and work the next several weeks...so it'll be a bit before I can actually run the guys through their moves ...I agree about the various tactics mods...they're actually scary! Pricey too! But they could be game changers in some cases. My Germans have very few kills and almost no long range hits...but don't get too close to themshake. The Red Devils look pretty powerful vis a vis their American counterparts. I didn't do a "scientific" study, just a quick glance through...but overall, they look pretty strong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, your Americans have been the 101st, one of the most highly trained units around but one that had not seen combat til June 6. Your Red Devils have seen plenty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Belli
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Starman54 wrote:

Make sure to send sales@lostbattalion.com an email about the missing parts so we can replace them asap.

Also, are you really being charged for shipping in the VAT Tax???

If you noticed, you payed only 25$ for shipping but it cost us nearly 4-6 times that to actually ship them (depending on weight.) Thats messed up if they charge a value added tax for shipping....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Parker
England
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Rob,

Invoice from Parcelforce is sent on receipt of goods in UK and includes Import VAT based on value of parcel and also an £8 clearance fee from Parcelforce for processing parcels that have duty on them.

Crossing fingers for delivery tomorrow.

Gordon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Parker
England
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fanfare and marching bands please. Parcel has arrived in Trentham, Stoke on Trent and is as amazing as everyone has been saying.

Well done and thank you to everyone at LBG.

Gordon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damen Parker
Oman
Northampton
Muscat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My customs bill arrived today. Much less than expected at £62.09 including the clearance fees.

I'm picking it up tomorrow after work. Happy days

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damen Parker
Oman
Northampton
Muscat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DeviousDamen wrote:
My customs bill arrived today. Much less than expected at £62.09 including the clearance fees.

Or not so happy days. I have received box 2 of 2 with no indication of where box 1 is. I have some of my order but far from all of it. I figure it was on another plane and have emailed LBG for clarification. Sadly I will most likely be hit with another customs bill and another clearance fee.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damen Parker
Oman
Northampton
Muscat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DeviousDamen wrote:
DeviousDamen wrote:

Or not so happy days. I have received box 2 of 2 with no indication of where box 1 is. I have some of my order but far from all of it. I figure it was on another plane and have emailed LBG for clarification. Sadly I will most likely be hit with another customs bill and another clearance fee.

Happy days again. Debbie at LBG sent me the tracking numbers. This showed the second box to be at the sorting office so down I went and asked for it. They handed it over for another £80 and I am a happy bunny. Still no notification from Parclforce telling me they have a package though but I don't care anymore as I am now the proud owner of lots of little men
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Damen, glad you got all your stuff. But man do you guys get hosed over there for receiving packages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
DeviousDamen wrote:
DeviousDamen wrote:
DeviousDamen wrote:

Happy days again. Debbie at LBG sent me the tracking numbers. This showed the second box to be at the sorting office so down I went and asked for it. They handed it over for another £80 and I am a happy bunny. Still no notification from Parclforce telling me they have a package though but I don't care anymore as I am now the proud owner of lots of little men

Shouldn't they have taxed your stuff at a book rate...it's educational you know and SMG tells a story.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Peake
United Kingdom
Sutton in Ashfield
Notts
flag msg tools
Arrived Mansfield Notts

£64.00 charge and same Parcelforce telephone rubbish.

Now looking for some opponents in UK to learn the game with.

Local is good, but travel widely so can link up with others (cripes sounding like a dating add)

Colin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.