Maddock Krug
Germany
Salzgitter
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone,

one of my favorite online-shops lists "Firefly: The Game" in two different versions - Standard and Deluxe Version.

My question would be: What are the differences between the standard version and the deluxe version of the game, if there really are two different versions available? Are there any at all? The shop I mentioned lists both games with the exact same pricing, and the game-descriptions are identical ...

Anyone any idea about that?

Best wishes!
Mad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul D
Australia
Carnegie
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb

I haven't heard of any deluxe version...

... that said, here are some (unlikely) possibilities: The version with the 'big damn heroes' promos, a copy from GenCon with the metal ship,...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maddock Krug
Germany
Salzgitter
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah,

prd1982 wrote:

... that said, here are some (unlikely) possibilities: The version with the 'big damn heroes' promos, a copy from GenCon with the metal ship,...

well, thank you. Strikes me odd (as well) that the shop will offer two different version at the same price. Weird ... I guess I will address them with my question. And I have the feeling that "Deluxe" means a Gen Con or SPIEL version of the game ... No clue ...

Best wishes!
Mad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, the deluxe version is in German and the standard version is in English (Magierspiele)

But as Paul suggested, I think the deluxe version will most likely have one of the promos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maddock Krug
Germany
Salzgitter
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robman wrote:
Also, the deluxe version is in German and the standard version is in English (Magierspiele)

But as Paul suggested, I think the deluxe version will most likely have one of the promos.

Yeah, Magierspiele ... That's the source I was referring to ... surprise

Best wishes!
Mad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacie Winters
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want a Deluxe version in English please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect they are out there in different guises, from vendors that are offering exclusive or semi-exclusive promos! That's why I just borrow everything I can anyhow.

arrrh I don't care--I'm still free. They can't take the sky from me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
System Idle
msg tools
mbmbmb
Maybe the deluxe is this:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GBIXBR4?tag=article-boardgamegee...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Malme
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interestingly, the stock that is just hitting the UK market appears to contain the fifth ship and card. At least that is the case for some of the stock, based on listings I have seen - anyone buying in the expectation of a fifth ship should ask before placing their order.

Also, this third party Amazon seller has a completely different box.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Firefly-Game-Exclusive-Board-Force/d...

Although it might just be a pre-production picture. The box I bought pre-ordered from Amazon.co.uk (which essentially was a grey import, brought over from France) was the familiar sqare box, with only 4 ships. However, I am not that miffed, as it cost me a lot less, and I should have the Artful Dodger sometime in the New Year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Gray
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
prd1982 wrote:
:what:

Just to clear up any confusion (as I had some earlier) the limited release from GenCon had a resin Alliance Cruiser ship. This is still a plastic ship but the resin plastic is a better plastic especially for painting. The GenCon exclusive and regular version of the game both come with Alliance Cruiser ships of the same size and shape. Both are plastic, the benefit of the GenCon version is that it would be a better model if you want to paint it. I got the normal version of the game after having played the GenCon version at GenCon and I can't tell the difference between the ships, but I am not a guy that paints minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Poortman
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
For what it's worth, I just got what my shop listed as the Deluxe Edition and it was indeed the UK edition in the bigger box and including the Artful Dodger On a side note: the Artful Dodger ship card in this one is the same thickness as the other ones, so not thinner like the one from GTM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler W
United States
Conroe
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Meffi wrote:
For what it's worth, I just got what my shop listed as the Deluxe Edition and it was indeed the UK edition in the bigger box and including the Artful Dodger On a side note: the Artful Dodger ship card in this one is the same thickness as the other ones, so not thinner like the one from GTM

Felix (or anyone else), have you found a US retailer that is offering the Artful Dodger included? I haven't gotten a copy yet and would rather purchase one that included Artful Dodger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Logan
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question for those who have the UK edition:

I got the AD ship and board, but only 4 drive cores (no MK-2). Did everyone else get/not get the extra drove core?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Logan8 wrote:

I got the AD ship and board, but only 4 drive cores (no MK-2). Did everyone else get/not get the extra drove core?
You're meant to remove it from the relevant purchase deck. Can't remember where I found that but it was a vaguely official source.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Meakings
United Kingdom
Crawley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
5th May 2018
badge
Guh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Firedrake wrote:
Logan8 wrote:

You're meant to remove it from the relevant purchase deck. Can't remember where I found that but it was a vaguely official source.

That's from the instructions included in the Game Trader magazine which had the ship included (couple of pages from the back next to an advert for the game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.