BO
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed the KS campaign unfortunately and I have a couple of questions:

Will the game hit retail in january?
Will the retail game box include the stretch goals?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I call green!
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure when the game hits retail, but pretty sure it's not in January.

Also, pretty sure that the game box will not include any of the stretch goals.

Sorry I'm not 100% sure on this. Maybe 95%.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skolo
Netherlands
R`dam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
it will not hit stores in january and box itself willnot contain any sg for sure
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bologna
BO
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info

I probably won't buy the game then, 89 seems kinda steep without the stretch goals... I'm sad I missed it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
thegrinder wrote:
Thanks for the info

I probably won't buy the game then, 89 seems kinda steep without the stretch goals... I'm sad I missed it

That's MSRP, wait for online discounts as it will be surely cheaper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thegrinder wrote:
Thanks for the info

$89 is fantastic for what you get in this game. If you expect stretch goals in the retail release, you'd never buy a single Kickstarted game at retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing also to remember is that te miniatures in this game look like they will be much higher quality plastic/detail than the typical boardgame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As others have said, $89 is incredible value for what you get in the box. If you are used to just buying board games I can see how it would be considered expensive, but as a long time wargamer I find this very cheap. Missing the stretch goals sucks but remember that those who KS it paid back in May, and took a risk over whether the product would be any good (which for all we know, it may not be). If you pick it up at retail you can probably try the game before you buy, and read reviews on it to see whether it is any good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Shotton
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect retail will begin to get it in stores in March.

We have large orders from most of our distributors. We should be able to get these out in late February/early March.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
As others have said, $89 is incredible value for what you get in the box. If you are used to just buying board games I can see how it would be considered expensive, but as a long time wargamer I find this very cheap. Missing the stretch goals sucks but remember that those who KS it paid back in May, and took a risk over whether the product would be any good (which for all we know, it may not be). If you pick it up at retail you can probably try the game before you buy, and read reviews on it to see whether it is any good.

I think Kickstarter bonuses have become an interesting thing. They really should be considered bonuses. The contents of the base game only is still a good deal even without the Kickstarter bonuses.

As an example, I passed on the Shadows of Brimstone Kickstarter because I had already made a pledge on Myth and I don't have the luxury of being able to do too many of these in a year, especially with that coming close to Christmas. I'll definitely be looking into that when it hits retail - I may miss on some extra goodies, but if the game is any good, it'll still be good without them.

EDIT: And yes, the 'regular' version of this is certainly a goo deal relative to the SRP when compared with other similar games.

BShotton wrote:
I suspect retail will begin to get it in stores in March.

We have large orders from most of our distributors. We should be able to get these out in late February/early March.

Excellent. Sounds like you're on target for KS deliveries in January then? Can't wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RedShark92 wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:

I think Kickstarter bonuses have become an interesting thing. They really should be considered bonuses. The contents of the base game only is still a good deal even without the Kickstarter bonuses.

As an example, I passed on the Shadows of Brimstone Kickstarter because I had already made a pledge on Myth and I don't have the luxury of being able to do too many of these in a year, especially with that coming close to Christmas. I'll definitely be looking into that when it hits retail - I may miss on some extra goodies, but if the game is any good, it'll still be good without them.

EDIT: And yes, the 'regular' version of this is certainly a goo deal relative to the SRP when compared with other similar games.

Agree completely, I also passed on Shadows of Brimstone despite it looking ace. Mainly because I wasn't sure how much I could get it on the table, and I'm kinda overwhelmed with projects at the moment! I also passed on Rivet Wars because I didn't like the way the KS was run, but I suspect I will pick that up at retail some time because I love the look of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bologna
BO
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the non exclusive stretch goals be available as expansions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Davis
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything not labeled as "KS Exclusive" should be available sometime during 2014. Brian mentioned somewhere that Slaughterfield would be a GenCon release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bologna
BO
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the pldedges be shipped to EU backers from within the EU?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Christie
United Kingdom
Greenhithe
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thegrinder wrote:

Yip ------> http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1700755582/myth-0/posts/...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bologna
BO
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
de_aztec wrote:
thegrinder wrote:

Yip ------> http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1700755582/myth-0/posts/...

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.